Another Canadian

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter Nowlan

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Peter and I'm addicted to knife sharpening and Japanese Water Stones. I'm in the Canadian Navy and I've had this obsession for as long as I can remember, 30 years or so. It's a unique and great opportunity to be able to just visit here and learn so much from everyone. The degree of talent, the knowledge base, the knives and the handles is staggering.

I hope someday to be a giver and not just a taker, I'm going to start absorbing more information immediately. I am grateful to all those who have already taught me things without their knowledge.

Very Respectfully

Peter

Welcome Peter, always nice to have some fellow Canadians here, there is a lot of us.

Soo So So many Canadians here, and all of you guys are awesome people.
Welcome to the forum.
If you've been into knives and sharpening for as long as you have...................you've found the right place.

Welcome, Peter, From a Kiwi in New Zealand. (My mother was a Canuck, born in Saskatoon, Sasketchchewan).
Welcome aboard the forum and welcome to the world wide family of [slightly obsessive] knife knuts ... That is... US.

Do some hunting around the forum, and ask LOTS of questions, and you will learn quickly.

Just be aware - not everybody agrees on everything - so you will see lots of personal opinions (including mine). But overall - these people on this forum are all good peolpe, and passionate about their hobby/interest/passion.

Cheers it's sunshine/summer down here

Thanks all, much appreciated.

Doug, been New Zealand a few times in my travels, lucky you. (Love the Air New Zealand, Hobbit video)

I'm good with not everyone agreeing and offering opinions, all part of the learning process, I'm good at learning.

Passion, Practice, Patience, Persistence.

My four Pillars of sharpening.

Latest posts

Back