Time to make Friday night plans - ECG

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnConundrum

Mr. Hospitality!
Founding Member
Reaction score
Traditionally everyone traveling from out of town gets together Friday night at the Savory Grille. Its a very nice restaurant with a screened in porch area. I need to make reservations well in advance for a group our size, so I need a head count. Who wants to join us?

Restaurant URL is. http://savorygrille.com/

Last edited:
holy ****, husband and wife team of chefs!? sounds like a nightmare to me! place looks good though, dont know if i will be in town friday night yet however.

I can attest to the savory grille being a good restaurant. I've eaten there at the last two ECG's and the food is fresh, and cooked to perfection. I might add that they will make special orders also as my wife wanted vegi only last year and they came up with something even a meat eater would love. Oh my wife isn't normally a vegi eater just had a craving. I won't make it this year and will miss the Friday night dinner fore sure. I will miss you guys this year and perhaps next if still here I will make it.

lol this restaurant has to have the best cutlery of any place anywhere. If not, stop holding out, guys!

wish i could make it, but we dont get in to philly until late friday and then the drive... see you guys that saturday though

It's weather and work dependent for me. This year it will be a bike trip (the sissy motorized variety) Best case I'm there on Friday but no promises until we get some kind of forecast.

Joe, we surely expect you to be around for next year. You guys will be missed :(

Have a toast to absent friends, I'll be there in spirit ;)

Stefan

I might be able to make it but I would need to drive from philly, drive back that night, drive back in the morning....

I'm praying to the rain gods. I really don't like riding in the rain.

Will we be able to shoot stuff up? I'll bring a couple.

Will we be able to shoot stuff up? I'll bring a couple.

Uhhh, at dinner?

If you're asking if there will be another "full auto" demonstration, I would expect so :) LOL, Josh and I are at the national NRA convention in Pittsburgh right now :wink: Might even be a field trip to Josh's homemade range at his home if anyone is really interested (about 10 minutes away)

Great! Kinves, food and firearms? And I can't be there? Just great!! Seriously though, I hope you guys have a great time.

Not sure about Friday night but will try to let you know soon. It is a great dinner.

So, should I assume no Friday night get together this year?

If all goes according to plan I expect to be there Friday. If I run into weather I may not make it until Saturday. It's all up to the weather. 825 mile ride.

Last edited:
If all goes according to plan I expect to be there Friday. If I run into weather I may not make it until Saturday. It's all up to the weather. 825 mile ride.

Damn thats a drive! Bringing any knives?

If you had one of these weather would not be an issue!

PICT0298.JPG

barbiedreamcamper.jpg

I have a tour pac (trunk) and a passenger seat with sissy bar that pops on and off. Got to put the knives and guns somewhere!

Windshield pops on and off also.

This one is problematical in the rain:

PICT0416.jpg

I wish I could go. One of these years, I'm gonna make it out to the ECG.

not sure how the knife makers group will be setting up time wise but i ll likely be there Friday so i can semi set up. more info as i get it hashed out

I have a tour pac (trunk) and a passenger seat with sissy bar that pops on and off. Got to put the knives and guns somewhere!

You are going to be a rolling armory. Pity the fool who cuts you off.

Damn thats a drive! Bringing any knives?

Not as many as last time!

I'll probably bring the Masamoto suji and the Mizuno honyakis. I'd bring my Itou if I thought I could sell it.

Back