How's the weather where you are?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
It has been an unusual start for winter here in Southern Oregon.
A few weeks ago we has snow/rain mixed together.
After that it warmed back up to the upper 40s low 50s.
Yesterday and last night was high winds and sideways rain.
I complained when we lost internet and power off and on.

But......at least it's not snow.
Right now it is sprinkling and in the 50s.

What's it like where you are?

66F in Venice, CA ;) I really miss wearing a winter coat though :(

This is out my front window right now, and a 40 MPH wind gust, and 20F temp, you are more than welcome to head on up here to try out your winter jacket. Heck, my wife and I will even cook you dinner!
IMG-20121120-00288.jpg

Torrential downpours here in PDX. The sun is out right now, though!

Sunny! H 68F, L 58F in San Deigo, CA. I guess I can't complain!:happymug:

This is out my front window right now, and a 40 MPH wind gust, and 20F temp, you are more than welcome to head on up here to try out your winter jacket. Heck, my wife and I will even cook you dinner!
View attachment 11601

77F and cloudy, typical winter day out here. :)

Stefan

Between 40 and 50 F over here. I work near the harbour though so it is dead windy which makes it feel way colder

Balmy 54 for a high today. 20 above normal. Misting and cloudy all day. I wouldn't mind another winter like last year.

Balmy 54 for a high today. 20 above normal. Misting and cloudy all day. I wouldn't mind another winter like last year.

Much the same where I am. Just had the warmest winter on record and the warmest summer on record where I live. Tomorrow it is supposed to almost hit 60 in late November for central Minnesota (unheard of -- except for last year). The apocalypse is at hand my friends.

k.

Rainy last couple of days. We needed it, tho. We're still more than 3 inches below average for the month. Good weather to get things done inside.

Leaving balmy Southern California today to head home into 2 feet of snow. People here in CA think 60 is cold, lol. Time to put on the 800 down jacket and dust off the snow shovel. Looking forward to, and hoping for a bunch of snow this winter.

Very humid here , particularly in the afternoons . This time of year is called the build up, we've had a little rain but the wet season hasn't really started yet.

Late last night sounded like we were in the center of a thunder cloud.
Went outside and the rain was more like a waterfall.
Chicken dog wouldn't even go outside until it let up.

Mushrooms are popping up everywhere.
The mushroom buyers have their booths set up but I haven't seen people lining up with baskets of mushrooms yet.
Matsutakes grow in the hills around here.

Serious, serious, serious fog around here today. Had to drive really slowly on my way home tonight. At some points, particularly in the valleys, I had to slow down to a crawl.

I almost miss Toronto weather. Now that I'm in Vancouver, it hasn't gone 24 hours without rain for about 2 weeks and its supposed to rain for the next week at least. Its been too long since I lived on the west coast...

Visiting Everett, WA. Moist and 42 here, no signs of snow at all. The 4 day long vodka drinking festivities begin tomorrow.

It has been tons of rain and 40 to 50f through the past week.
The rain has been an annoyance.
But as my wife keeps telling me, "at least it's not snow"

Below 0c at night, a bit above 0c during the day. Many bright red Japanese maple leaves still on the trees, while there are many bare persimmon trees, all the leaves off but with all the orange fruit still on. A bit cold but still fine weather for riding the Suzuki. Meanwhile, girls wearing tights are everywhere!

Snow on the ground here today high was 29 - looks like 50 tomorrow and it'll be a muddy mess by Monday. Tuesday is suppose to be 57 it's crazy weather all right. The deer have a good fat layer on them and the woolies were all black - looks like real a winter on the way for a change.

People were complaining the past few days because for a few nights the tempreatures at night dropped down into the 60s.

Stefan

In Philly right now. Glorious day with clear skies, somewhere in the upper 50s I would guess. Then, of course, I had two Pilseners and one ale with lunch, and that may make many things look glorious :)

stefan

Latest posts

Back