Kramer carving set

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markenki

Reaction score
The Kramer carving set for sale today went for $39,100. Wow. Crazy money.

About the same price as new tyres for your Bugatti veyron:D

Wow! I saw the picture in the email--it was pretty sweet. If I had it I'd use it. But at that price I'll never have one.

set.png

lol. pretty. pretty freakin expensive too.

i'd rather take out a loan on a house.

The fork doesn't look all that practical, beautiful, yes but the tines don't look long enough and have way too much curve to them for me.

The fork doesn't look all that practical, beautiful, yes but the tines don't look long enough and have way too much curve to them for me.

It's to use on people who won't stay out of the :curse: kitchen while you're trying to fix dinner.

I don't like to bash peoples work, but that fork looks more like something from Dungeons and Dragons. I can't imagine that piercing meat without seriously damaging it....

I'll stick with my $4 tongs and suji, and keep my $40 g's to make my next two years mortgage payments.

Wow.....

I don't like to bash peoples work, but that fork looks more like something from Dungeons and Dragons. I can't imagine that piercing meat without seriously damaging it....

I'll stick with my $4 tongs and suji, and keep my $40 g's to make my next two years mortgage payments.

Wow.....

just imagine the set you'd get if you commissioned Marko or Mario with $40g's...

Honestly, I wouldn't pay $1000 for that knife/fork, but maybe that is because a) I don't like "damascus" and b) that fork is odd to say the least.

I love these threads. Like the person who bought them has a mortgage or knows who our favorite knifemakers are. That's a cup of coffee to them.

You're probably right! Maybe I should commission some 1million layer Damascus billets from Randy and learn how to forge golf clubs, maybe a $40,000 integral shaft damascus putter will be the next big thing :)

I love these threads. Like the person who bought them has a mortgage or knows who our favorite knifemakers are. That's a cup of coffee to them.

Agreed..Whoever bought this set is probably a serious collector with money to burn,what's $40 grand to them?
And who knows,maybe they already have customs from Devin T and some of the other forum members..

Bob Kramer is an accomplished knife maker, as he can practically ask whatever he likes for his work and there will be a buyer. And that in itself must be a great feeling.

He has been a pioneer in US-made high-end kitchen knives, possibly contributed greatly to creating a market for high-end knives, and gave a lot of us upcoming makers something to strive for (and in some cases to look up to and learn from).

For that I tip my hat to him and have nothing for him but respect.

Whether you like his work and his prices or not, it's irrelevant. He has his own market.

M

I just want to know how these people find out who Bob Kramer is. Are they just really rich people that read one of the news articles about his knives being expensive and they buy them because he is the best and they NEED the best?

Are they avid cooks who happen to be filthy rich?

Are they rich knife collectors that want to add a kitchen knife to their collection and Kramer is the kitchen knife guy everyone knows?

I guess I'm just confused because if they're actually kitchen knife dorks like us shouldn't some of these would be Kramer customers end up ordering customs from Devin and Bill, etc.? Or maybe they are and we just don't know about it because they have other things to do than talk about knives all day. Does this even make sense?

BTW, I have no problem with Kramer and like Marko only have respect for him. If I could afford it, I'd own a Kramer. Just to say I own it. I'd also have a few Devin customs lying around. Ya know, for beaters. :wink:

Back