Prognosis

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevinT

Reaction score
I spent the last few days in the hospital due to an infection in my left foot. They gave me IV anti-biotics and a spin on the Star Trek Adventure Ride (MRI) to make sure that the bone did not get any infection.

I went in with one tiny little foot problem and came out with a list of things that need to be worked on. Dr. Kris Brown is the hospital doctor. She knows her stuff. Her uncle is a knife maker that I know well named Bernard Sparks. I tried to use that to lighten the butt kickin but it not help, infact I think it might have made it worse.:nunchucks:

Food service was a suprise. We ordered off of a menu that seemed pretty darn fancy for a hospital.

The staff were great and they reviewed all of the different names for poop and other bodily functions. If I didn't care for someone I just started talking about politics, and well, they didn't stick around too long.

The men in charge of the MRI were all into custom knives so we had lots to talk about.

Jackie stayed with me the whole time and it gave her a chance to catch up on stuff that she's not been able to pin me down on.

Glad to be home, I'll take a little time to recover. After that I'll finish the suji and get back to the grind stone.

Love and respect,

Hoss

Wishing you a speedy recovery, those MRI machines scare me when they ask if you have any metal on you, I must have metal dust worked in pretty much everywhere!:laugh:

Speedy healing, Hoss. I had infection in some of my ribs from my service escapades, and you sure don't want to mess with that possibility!

Best wish's......and a speedy recovery.

I hope you get better quickly! The infection must have made you a little delerious -- you thought hospital food sounded good :scratchhead:

Speedy healing! I am sending you my best wishes, take care...:)

I had a bone infection in my foot when I was child, which started as a blister from poor fitting soccer shoes. Two weeks in the hospital and a sizeable scar from the surgery that's still with me today. Not much fun. Hopefully antibiotics will do the trick for you.

Take care and get well soon, Devin!

That does not sound like a fun saturday night. Hope you get better soon and post more photos! :)

As a former Physical Therapy Assistant: do your PT 100%! It's crucial to your time to recover and the extent of your recovery!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Hoss. I've logged a little hospital time myself lately and it sounds as though your experience was better than mine.

My very first custom knife was a Sparks hunter I bought in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. One of the early makers along with Chubby Huesky, Corbet Sigman, and Dan Dennehy...but you already knew that. :biggrin:

Be well.

Thanks everyone for your support and kindness.

@ David I had steak and shrimp two nights in a row.

@ Chifunda makes me happy to hear you talk about the founders of modern hand made knives. Bernard is eighty something now. Still doing well from what I know.

Love and respect

Hoss

Sorry to hear of your misfortune Hoss.
I seem to remember Dave Martell having a septic elbow earlier this year. Man, all us knife guys have bad luck with random health issues!
Get well soon!
I love your technique for getting people out of the room. Talking politics works everytime!

I'm ready for some more of your WIP's ! Love seeing a master at work!

Hope you get well soon Devin! That doesn't sound too bad for hospital food at all. Anyway, make sure to follow the doctor's orders, they may not know everything, but they damn well know most of what it takes to get you better.

h
Hoss, take your time and get well first. Trust me when I say rushing it does not help anything, especially you! Be well my friend!

There is a hospital in Panaca? J/k, Get well amigo, best wishes.

Sounds like a good thing you went in DT. Us hillbillies are prone to putting that nagging crap off until its too late. Glad you are being seen to. Here's to a speedy recovery.

Hoss

Please go for a total recovery before you try to go back to work.
I,ll be thinking of you tomorrow, I plan to pop the cherry of that new suji on a Beef Wellington.

Jim

Devin, We are praying for your speedy and full recovery! Listen to the doctor as much as possible and you will be back 100% in no time!

God Bless YA
Randy

It's great to have the love and support of the forum, thank you.

@ Matt, we went to Dixie Regional in St George. They do have a small hospital in Caliente.

Hoss

Sounds like a good thing you went in DT. Us hillbillies are prone to putting that nagging crap off until its too late. Glad you are being seen to. Here's to a speedy recovery.

My neighbor and best friend is an Ohio farmboy. If you slice your arm off you put duct tape on it call it a day or go back to work. He got a little insect bite on his foot which he ignored and it turned out to be a recluse spider which put him in the hospital for three days. Better safe than sorry. Hope you feel better soon.

Praying for a speedy recovery! I agree with the others that you should take your time in recovery and DO the PT!!

I'm your lucky summer visitor that you entertained for two hours. The crazy opera singer from San Francisco. I still have some photos I need to post of that amazing visit...

Huh. I almost lost my foot last November because of a Staph infection in my foot bones, that only got caught because a first-day nurse accidentally gave me an x-ray. Close call.

Glad you got it checked out!

I hope you feel better soon, Devin. Hang in there, dude. :viking:

Back