• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Fujiwara Carbon 240 gyuto or similar

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
A coworker is looking to try carbon, and I thought I'd throw a feeler out for him...

He mentioned interest in the Fujiwara carbon line ($85), but is open to anything.

I'm using one alongside a couple other knives (always playing), and I'm honestly amazed at the performance. They are great knives! Of course you know this, but they have a habit of being stinky until the patina sets in. The two I've used were both well patinated, so I've never personally noticed this, but ya know.

well I had a lot of people suggest the JCK Carbonext for my first knife. While this is not true carbon, it appears to have many of the benefits associated with Carbon while being more rust resistant. Their 240 Gyuto is 128 at the moment and the 210 is 105. A bit over the 85 range, but appears to be quite the bang for the buck. Mine is on route from Japan as I write this, hope to get it at the start of next week

Mr. Lefty and the Sharp and Shiny Shop helped me find exactly what I was looking for...Thanks, Tom!

:D I'm actually jealous, because I wanted to keep it for myself!

Back