Quantcast
Lodge carbon pans - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lodge carbon pans

like i said, the Paderno is half the cost. the Padernos are usually available with free shipping. i bought a "like new in box, but technically used" 10 inch Carbon for my brother in law on Amazon for $28 shipped, a couple weeks ago.

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    The links were for chinacats who seemed to be having trouble finding them.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    The links were for chinacats who seemed to be having trouble finding them.
    ah, sorry. was on my phone and it hadn't refreshed to show the whole thread, so i thought the "try again" was in reference to what i said.

Thanks, I paid a bit less for the deBuyer pans, but not as low as the Paderno. Are they of the same quality?
    one man gathers what another man spills...

thanks everyone. I ended up ordering a few Paderno pans instead. Kinda not the purpose of my initial question, which was to hear opinions on the Lodge pans, not to hear what was better, but am happy with my purchase anyways.... So thanks.
    "This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption.. Beer!" -Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

There was a thread on cast iron collectively if you are interested here it is:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...ight=cast+iron

Quote Originally Posted by chinacats View Post
    Thanks, I paid a bit less for the deBuyer pans, but not as low as the Paderno. Are they of the same quality?
    not very different.

Several years ago, while working in Spain, I bought a number of spun carbon steel pans from a restaurant supply company. I doubt there was a particular brand. I've been using them for a long time now. I treat them like cast iron pans and they work fine. I prefer them to the U.S. made commercial fry pans I've had over the years.

I have one and it had worked great for me. I debated both the Paderno and Debuyer pans, but I was able to get the Lodge carbon for like $25 which I thought was a great buy. It has a nice nonstick quality to it now --I scrubbed off the factory coating--and I haven't had an issue with food sticking. I love it personally, but I haven't used the Paderno or Debuyers so I can't compare.