Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lodge carbon pans

Im a Vollrath Man myself. I really like Carbon steel pans

http://www.webstaurantstore.com/voll.../92258920.html

similar to cast iron, but much lighter. I have a the above Vollrath Pan, a Paella and 16" Wok

Mowgs

if it's carbon steel then debuyer mineral pans are my choice. worked with them before, awesome stuff.

I had a look at these pans while in the Lodge factory outlet. I can't remember why, but I didn't like them; the pile of cast iron I got while there is great, though.

I am very interested in trying out a carbon steel pan, anyone know of a reasonably priced retailer here in Canada?

Any shop that deals with Domestic can order De Buyer pans for you.

Dmc, I have an old gift certificate for your shop. Is there an expiration on these? If not, can you let me know if you have any 11" debuyer pans around?

Oh, so my recommendation is deBuyer, but I haven't tried the others, other than one I got in Spain. It's good, but the handle jiggles and the edges are very rounded. But it's nice too.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

I've been meaning to try a carbon steel pan for a while now, as my current collection of pans is almost exclusively cast iron. I couldn't decide between the Paderno and the De Buyer, so I just got one of each. 9.5 in Du Buyer and 12.5 in Paderno, so I guess soon I'll know which I prefer. They were almost exactly the same price, though both were more expensive because I live in Canada and everything is more expensive here for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I've been meaning to try a carbon steel pan for a while now, as my current collection of pans is almost exclusively cast iron. I couldn't decide between the Paderno and the De Buyer, so I just got one of each. 9.5 in Du Buyer and 12.5 in Paderno, so I guess soon I'll know which I prefer. They were almost exactly the same price, though both were more expensive because I live in Canada and everything is more expensive here for no reason.
    Definitely let us know what you think of each, and yes everything should be more expensive because you're Canadian.
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    i think you will really like both, once you get them seasoned up. the De Buyer is going to be a bit thicker, and has a slightly nicer handle, but it's heavier, and the Paderno is thick enough to cook rather evenly (for non aluminum/copper).

anybody see the new De Buyer line that Sur La Table is carrying? they are rather thin, but as expensive as the normal De Buyer pans. not sure quite what they are getting at, with those.

Quote Originally Posted by stereo.pete View Post
    Definitely let us know what you think of each, and yes everything should be more expensive because you're Canadian.
    consider this payback for releasing Celion Dion on the world

i am gonna get one of these pans!! i think it would be awesome to toss into the truck for an indestructable non stick camp pan. teflon is pretty ridiculous in the backwoods..none of my kitchen pans gets taken to the campsite. well, i had this one lodge cast iron but it was far from nonstick. and it was fairly old..