• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fish Custom Cleaver

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy777

Reaction score
Up for sale is my Fish n Poi custom Masahiro cleaver. This cleaver has an awesome Brazilian Cherry and brass custom handle made by the late Fish n Poi. (RIP) If you are not familiar with his work his stuff is the most creative highest quality custom handles you can find and no two are alike. This handle is maybe the most comfortable cleaver handle I have used. Fish used it as a template for all his future cleaver handles and for good reason. The taper to the blade is excellent for a very comfortable one or two finger pinch grip. The belly is rounded perfectly for your fingers, I really can't say enough good things about it.

The blade is awesome, thin, light, great hard steel, not too much curve. The knife weighs 407g and is 22.5cm long. This was my favorite cleaver for many years. Unfortunately I have been slowly selling off my collection to try and get down to just a couple knives. I have already sold many cleavers I swore I would never sell. Now I pick the ones to sell based solely on sentimental value. So hurry and buy it before I change my mind. :) The cleaver is in excellent condition with no flaws. Cleavers are never highly polished at the factory but it is cleaned up and as shiny as the day I bought it.

Given the handle and it's condition I would like $380, buyer will pay actual shipping. You would be hard pressed to find a better cleaver, with a better handle, and in better condition for this price. Sadly most high end cleavers come with poor handles and require replacement. Please let me know if you have any questions.

M31.jpg

M32.jpg

M34.jpg

M35.jpg

gorgeous knife Andy, your cleavers collection just awesome.

What!!!! I remember when you first got that knife... o so long ago, that is a stunning piece

I saw it last night too, but had to control myself.

Yes I remember when you got this, Andy. If I remember correctly this was the first he did with that shaped handle. I have 2 of his done using the same shape a Masahiro and Suien VC. I'm in the same boat with you Andy getting rid of a lot of mine just giving them to the kids as time goes on.

This knife is now sold. Thanks Rick! :headbang:

@Mattrud, I know, that was ages ago. I sure miss ol' Fish. It still drives me nuts how poorly finished even high end cleavers are. Thank goodness we had talented men like Fish.

@Joe, yes this was the first, in fact I think this was the second or third custom handle Fish did. The first being my CCK 1102 I believe. I really hate to see so many great knives go, but it just got ridiculous, I couldn't remember where they were in the rotation and what I had sharpened last etc. I'm really trying to get down to just a few key knives and be a lot more in tune with them and have a more personal relationship with each knife.

I still have three fish handled knives, I probably will never sell them purely for that fact. He is dearly missed

Great cleaver Andy, sorry to see it go. I would have jumped on it if I had any $$$. I still have two Fish handled knives. They are gorgeous, and they were his seconds! LOL, he said they had small flaws but I never could find them. I just think he was clearing out inventory.

god bless Fish, we miss you

Back