Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Thanksgiving!

Quote Originally Posted by franzb69 View Post
    happy thanksgiving people. mine isn't so happy.
    Pssst, I'm thankful but by no means happy. Just wishing everyone else is.

This year, for the first time in my life, I know a few people whom I wish to have salmonella in their turkeys. But those are not here. For everyone else, Happy Thanksgiving!

Stefan

Okay, if we want to talk about what we're really, really thankful for, I've got to vote for modern medicine.

In the past year I've had four surgeries on my right eye. Two to repair retinal tears with subsequent hemmorrages, the second of which left me blind in my right eye. Then a vitrectomy, which basically consists of sucking all the goo out of the eyeball and replacing it with fresh goo.

But wait, there's more: surgery on the retina almost always results in the formation of a catatract, hence the fourth operation. Bottom line...I now have better vision than when I was fourteen.

And then...while being prepped for the cataract surgery, it emerged that I was in atrial fibrilation. Yippee! So after getting the paddles ( you know, when someone yells, "CLEAR" and everyone backs away, All seems to be well except for the inordinate quantity of meds I take every day.

But all in all, I have much to be thankful for. I can still watch my grandson play ball.

Still fairly new to the community but I want to wish you guys a Happy Thanksgiving!
    Now let's see those bird carving pics!!!

Happy thanksgiving, I've no idea what its all about , but any excuse for a huge bird, carved with a gleaning length of highly tuned steel and a great big booze up sounds good to me...So enjoy everyone

Quote Originally Posted by WillC View Post
    Happy thanksgiving, I've no idea what its all about , but any excuse for a huge bird, carved with a gleaning length of highly tuned steel and a great big booze up sounds good to me...So enjoy everyone
    It's roughly equivalent to Harvest Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    This year, for the first time in my life, I know a few people whom I wish to have salmonella in their turkeys. But those are not here. For everyone else, Happy Thanksgiving!

Stefan
    Sam and Ella? Seems like I met them once.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I hope you all enjoyed way to much food, and got to spend some time with some friends and family or loved ones.

God Bless

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope everyone had a great time.