The worlds most expensive kitchen 1.6 million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
Fiore di Crstallo Kitchen
S0tZy.jpg
[/IMG]

The story can found here http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2237468/Worlds-expensive-kitchen-1-6m-features-crystal-worktop-solid-copper-walls.html

Not my cup of tea, but when you that amount of cash.

Cooks should design kitchens not "designers". IMHO a product of too much cash and not enough class.

Cooks should design kitchens not "designers". IMHO a product of too much cash and not enough class.

I think Mike 9 nailed it were are the burners I like Jon's dad kitchen better.

If I feel under-dressed in my kitchen, something is not right. That money could have bought ten fabulous kitchens that people actually feel comfortable working and gathering in.

Stefan

What a waste of time and resources. I've never heard of that so called 'celebrity chef' but if his advocation of this needless excess wasn't bad enough, his quote regarding white truffles in relation to this farce illustrates his utter lack of understanding the real value of ingredients, which to me is not based on their market price, but their importance in balancing and defining a dish as a whole.

Wow that is quite a kitchen and story. I would rather have Nathan Myrvold's kitchen.

The kitchen doesn't look so great to me. I just feel like I'm looking at a little store somewhere, not a "wow, that's fantastic!" kind of kitchen.

It has a bit more room than my 'kitchen' in Seoul. Plus, I reckon if you ditch the chandelier and special glass island bit, oh, and install a jukebox in the corner, it might be nice.

Although it would make the task of explaining why you have such expensive knives a whole lot easier!

Is it just me, or does 1.6m sound a bit low for THE worlds most expensive kitchen. And it does look like dog ****.

Yeah, I am sure there are more expensive kitchens out there. A good chunck of the 1.6 mil comes for $700,000 for copper cabinets.

k.

Copper seem like a really sensible choice for the cabinets as far as maintenance is concerned. Less expensive than gold, too.

Personally, I would want my copper-plated walls to be damascus. Not sure if I would patina, though.

Maybe for the homecook but I know the kitchen I work in cost bout 13 mill

Back