Go Pro camera owners?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillC

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one for getting some good in forge footage and stills. I like the idea that I could put it fairly close to the action in its protective case and wear it on my head in some circumstances.
Light gathering is an important factor, looking at u tube footage it looks like it performs pretty well in low light. In fact footage of the old version look perfectly acceptable. Does anyone have one, if so do you think it would work well for what I need. Would be a bonus to be able to turn it off and on with a gizmo remotely in some cases. Would it work for me? If so do I look for a deal on an old version or is the new hero 3 all that much better?
Many thanks
Will

it does ok in low light, but having lighting is better if possible... i've been playing around with one for a bit and thinking of getting my own one of these days

Mmm, cheers Jon, I can do lighting for cutting and intro's and stuff like that but really the forge footage. It would be odd forging with very bright lighting, could confuse my brain:laugh: mind you when the works hot it should show nicely. Which version did you try btw?

last version... worked ok in blacksmithing environments... but we added extra lighting and it was MUCH better. The new one should be better... the hero3 black seems pretty damn cool

Hi Jon what do you use for filming your YT videos ??

Thanks Jon, yes the latest versions look slick. If I went for one of them though would have to be the entry level one, I forget their names, silver or white, mmm gizmos:D
Could you dig up a link of the forge footage shot on the loaner go pro?

Hi Jon what do you use for filming your YT videos ??

img3899d.jpg

@willc cant share the footage sadly... its not mine to keep or control.

No probs, I'll scour the internet for low light tests. Nice kit, My brother uses something similar but he's a pro photographer, he has some frighteningly expensive lenses.
That light looks handy...I always imagine them as those big umbrella type studio things. That looks pretty manageable for off the cuff workshop moments...

Back