My new knifes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Got my new knifes today :headbang:

Costume order chopper, meat cleaver i ordered 2 one for me and one for my student at work.
It is total costume, me and my friend Stefan made the design and measurements, only 3 is made, 2 in Denmark one in US. We have ordered it in cheap SK4 steel but Yoshi made it in White 2 steel as extra service without extra charge :Ooooh:

And 210 mm Gyuto extra thin in Skd steel for line work :theline:

Waiting time was 3 month and maker is Yoshikane

All knifes was ordered at my friend from Japan Hide from "Hides Export"
http://hides-export.blogspot.com/

Enjoy the pics :biggrin2:

IMGP3877.JPG

IMGP3876.JPG

IMGP3875.JPG

IMGP3873.JPG

IMGP3871.JPG

IMGP3888.JPG

IMGP3886.JPG

IMGP3882.JPG

IMGP3878.JPG

Great knives, Maksim. Are the cleavers for cutting through bones and things like that?

:viking:That cleaver has beef and pork written all over it!! Congrats!! Nice shape too!!

Excellent score! Congratulations.

NOW GET BACK TO WORK! :theline:

This site just makes me want to spend lots of money. To many gorgeous knives like these!

Max,
how do you like the cleaver handles? I find them very comfortable to hold.

Wow, those are some badass knives, congrats! Great pictures too. :happy1:

They look like great additions to the collection, nice one.

It seems that Yoshikane really know how to produce a great knife when you give them the time to do their magic.

Wow…I’ve never seen a Japanese steeled cleaver meant for bone breaking before. What is the hrc and blade thickness?

Wow…I’ve never seen a Japanese steeled cleaver meant for bone breaking before. What is the hrc and blade thickness?
Mine is 6.6mm on the spine.
The hardness was planned to be ~58 nit sure if this is the actual HRC though. I hacked some chicken bones with mine and it does not show any sign of edge deformation from it. I am sure Max will try it on tougher bones soon.

I had only time to test Gyuto, and it work very good very thin behind the edge and its super cutter i love the geometry on that knife.

Chopper i love the handle, very nice to hold on i think it can chop any bones with that wight :) Ya mine is about 7 mm too

Thanks guys, looking forward to hearing more as you use it.

Latest posts

Back