Hi from Binghamton, NY/ Honolulu

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

numatech

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I used to browse the old knifeforums In The Kitchen forum years ago (though very very rarely posted anything), but slowly drifted away. Looking for a boardsmith cutting board for myself and a second as a present for my dad brought me back here recently. Now I seem to have the need to buy more knives and new handles again. The community sure has evolved greatly over the past few years. The knives everyone has and the amazing handles sure look great, and I'm way behind on the times of what's out there now.

Oh. I live in Binghamton NY (upstate, about an hour south of Syracuse, close to the PA border). I'm an electrical engineer who loves to cook, play and coach volleyball. Originally from Honolulu (grew up in Manoa), and still go back as often as possible which is generally once a year at Christmas time.

Knives I have are:
Tojiro DP 270mm Gyuto
Hiromoto AS 270mm Gyuto
Watanabe White #2 180mm Kamagata Usuba
Watanabe White #2 330mm Yanagi with a Stefan handle.

I did get a chance to meet a few of you a few years ago at one of the first sharpening classes Dave held somewhere down in PA, though I doubt anyone remembers that long ago. But I look forward to talking with everyone more.

Sean

Thanks everyone,

I'm loving trying to read and catch up to how much everything has advanced since I last followed In The Kitchen.

Back