UK Knife sites

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£240 for an 8" chefs made from 440c? I will pass i think. Awful profile, yvmv.

I remember a few members pointing out how similar the Blok knives are to Cut Brooklyn. Not a fan of either to be honest. The other place, well the Masakage Yuki knives are priced about the same as a few other N. American vendors so I guess they are priced pretty well for a UK place. They're out of stock though

If you are in the uk looking for customs check Catcheside cutlery.

Blok joined here briefly, I'd be interested to try one but would feel a bit like a fake cut Brooklyn than a custom knife.
Cutting edge use too much hyperbole for me.

On this topic, can anyone point me to a place to get good stones from, in the UK? I can't seem to find anything other than diamond stones and king combis for a reasonable price

Ah, great. Do you know what their own brand stones are like?

What about somewhere to get second hand knives from? I can only think of ebay but you can't sell knives on ebay.co.uk anymore.

Japanesechefknife ships worldwide for $7 or at least they used to.

They still do, but I've heard their stones aren't all that great, anyone able to speak up for them?

Eden Webshops sell Choseras and Naniwa stones, but there is also Dieter Schmid - Fine Tools. They are based in Germany but I've bought a few things from there and the service was great. There is also Maxim of JNS of course, who is based in Denmark. All very good choices, even though they aren't based in the UK

I have used the Germany place, its got a good selection and delivery was pretty much as quick as a uk shop. Highly recommend tools from japan too, although you may or may not get zapped for some import tax. Prices, selection and service are very good. And of course maxim, especially if you want to try something natural. last time I got something from him it came within 2 days, pretty amazing really.:D

Howdy TB_London... Still here, Just not been on for a while! where are you based? I would be more than happy to arrange a meeting/Knife session! By the looks of things you have some sweet looking blades.

I have indeed been likened to Cut Brooklyn... but let me assure you, my knives have been designed by me with no influence form Joel. Anyway, Im exhibiting in London soon at the best of britannia show. Pop down if your around.

All the best. Cheers, Ben

Latest posts

Back