Another knife that I need help identifying

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowbrother

Reaction score
You guys were great in helping me identify the last knife I inquired about. I recently was given a yanagi from the same chef that I got the previous knife from. He has no clue what it is or who it was made by. He didn't even know it was a yanagiba. He just knew it was a knife. Apparently, he likes to spend money on knives without actually learning anything about them.

I know it is a carbon steel and obviously its single sided. Other than that, I know nothing about it.

20121128_031827.jpg

20121128_031718.jpg

I've looked on every Japanese knife site that I can find and I can't find any maker with a kanji that matches this one. The blade is 270mm and it's a traditional D-shaped wooden handle with a water buffalo horn ferrule. The steel is a blue #1 carbon. A Japanese friend said that the kanji looks like it is a Takagi blade, but the kanji doesn't match any Takagi that I have seen.

The stamp on the knife says "Registered" and"White Steel"... I don't think there's a stamp or engraving of a maker.. if there's any box or anything else that has more info, I might be able to help more :) !

Back