Quantcast
Handle me up scotty!(gallery thread) - Page 10
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Handle me up scotty!(gallery thread)

Bog oak and 150mm Shigefusa pettys, maybe I won't open the door when that evil man from dhl comes for them.
    -"we're gonna make gluten free lasagna"

Now those are a treat, nice work!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

Quote Originally Posted by Twistington View Post

Itinomonn 240mm gyuto, will be in Denmark on monday.

Wood, from top to bottom: Ironwood, Ironwood, Buckeye burl, Snakewood, Ironwood, Ironwood and Cocobolo!
    You did a fantastic job placing the grain on the cocobolo: it flows very pleasingly with the curve of the handle.
    "I gotta tell ya, this is pretty terrific. Ha hahaha, YEAH!" - Moe (w/ 2 knives). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVt4U...layer_embedded

Just received Shigs i must say i have a new favored wood for western knives with bolster. Because it is so light it balance perfectly ! And look simple but yet super beautiful ! Nice work Dan

Yoshikane chopper with Maple, 0,8mm fiber liners and brass pins, Dave has done some very nice knives with Maple and I took the liberty of stealing the concept!

Itinomonn veggie cleaver with ironwood, brass bolster and a brass pin... sorry for the TERRIBLE picture and the epoxy stain on the blade().

Nice, Dan! I never quite liked it when I've just seen blocks of it, but the maple looks really cool. Did you by any chance handle(yup) the Itinomonn for a bit? What did you think of it?

Maple is moving up on my list of woods I like, think my price in Marks competion will be 100% Maple.

Sadly(for me) I have a policy of not using knives that I rehandle, but I ordered a 210mm wa gyuto for my better halfs cousins midlife crisis birthday and I gave that a quick spin... I can say I liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by jigert View Post
    Nice, Dan! I never quite liked it when I've just seen blocks of it, but the maple looks really cool. Did you by any chance handle(yup) the Itinomonn for a bit? What did you think of it?
    I have had the Itinommon cleaver for a while now it is a great cutter.

Nice Job Dan as always

I think that thin Brass bolster give a very classy and cool look specially to Ironwood

Big +1
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com