Quantcast
graphics - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: graphics

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I might be in the minority, but I'm not a huge fan of mixing fonts, styles, graphics, icon sizes etc, and I think it will make the site look messy and possibly distracting. Vendors having their own logo/ident for their forum is one thing, but I would at least suggest making sure icons are the same size and possibly developing some stylistic/ident theme for the other non-vendor subforum buttons that will match the identity of the site.

That's just my opinion, and I will continue to visit here regardless.

k.

Very good points. I may feel the same way just from what little changes I'm seeing already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    Very good points. I may feel the same way just from what little changes I'm seeing already.
    I think Mr. Drinky may have a point here. Just because it can be done doesn't necessarily mean it should be.

This site looks so much better than the old forum; everything is so simple, clean, and uniform looking.

Of course, I rarely see the icons as I click "what's new" all the time and read just about everything, so do as you wish Mr. Martell!

Edit: I think I like the idea for the vendors section (assuming everyone puts something up and none are left as the "default" icon).

I think for now we'll just stick with the vendors icon customization and give some thought to it happening site wide.

I agree with Drinky, though I also primarily use "What's New". I actually bound the "What's New" button to command+2 on my browser to go directly to the new stuff without navigating, so I rarely see the rest of the site.

I agree with Drinky. A cohesive size/theme/style for the non-vendor icons would be nice. Otherwise it starts to look messy imho. The site is just so clean, pro and functional already, I'd hate to see it take a step back design wise. My $.02

This is a good example of "less is more."

Thanks for your input guys.

So what do you guys think of how it's looking in the vendor area so far? We're keeping the sizing the same but the vendors can use whatever images they like.

I think it's cool in the vendor area (same size icons is critical).

Yep, looks good in the vendor section. I think the general discussion section should stay as is; it has a classic feel to it