Quantcast
Malware
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Malware

Malware

Page 4 of this thread seems to contain something that my browser thinks is massively evil.

I've actually never seen this warning before, so I figured it'd be something worth reporting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	malware detected.jpg‎
Views:	30
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	11658  

Senior Member/ Internet Hooligan
    The macro I linked from Zipmeme (Almost Missed Passaround) is giving you some grief. Zipmeme itself is pretty safe, so I'm betting some third party advertiser on their site decided to go rogue. While the images linked are harmless, Google is just being extra vigilant.

To any mod reading, you should edit the Image Macros out of this thread and this thread to save people the worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post

To any mod reading, you should edit the Image Macros out of this thread and this thread to save people the worry.

Done, try it now guys.

I'm still seeing the image in this post, but I can't tell you if it's flagging as malicious or not, since I told my browser to calm its balls.

Yeah same here. I figured that someone probably just tried to post something funny, and it was from some place my browser has blacklisted. I remember Oivind's posts often had stuff from oddball places like that.

Thanks Dave. Just don't want new folks breezing through threads and getting a red screen of death and never coming back lol.

Yeah, I have a pretty strict "download image and re-upload to my own server" policy to avoid this crap, but figured zipmeme was a safe bet since they make their buck off of hotlinking in the first place. Derp.

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    I was wondering why I got that the other day. Went a different way around to the page and had no problems.
    Chewie's the man.

+ Reply to Thread