Quantcast
Stone crabs!!! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stone crabs!!!

Dave, most of those places in the Keys are gone or have been yuppified out of most people's budget, but there are still some. The Turtle Kraals in Key West went "upscale' years ago, BUT, if you bring your own catch in, they will still cook it the old fashioned way for a reasonable price. The Half Shell Raw Bar is abourt the same as it has always been, but it cost 5 times as much nowadays and you don't get paper plates anymore. LOL You are right about Islamorada back in the old days before it became an incorporated "village" That stretch of US 1 around the inlet and marinas at Holiday Isle, Whale harbor, etc was ground sero for some fishy good eatin! I think that the old Coral Grill was the first to go bad and then it went away.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckfat View Post
    Deckhand did you ever visit the Islamorada Fish co before it was bought out and turned into a chain? It was a great place to set in a plastic chair on the dock and eat just killer fresh local fish. I miss that along with drinks at the Lorelei or dinner @ The Green Turtle before they tried to Yuppify it.
    Siiiiiiigh.
    The good ole days.

Dave

Unfortunately no. It sure sounds like a good time. Too bad stuff changes. Even down here in Newport I used to spearfish and get clams in the harbor and by the pier. Those days are gone.

Lived in Florida my entire life, and yes getting crabs here is usually a good thing ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by K-Fed View Post
    Lived in Florida my entire life, and yes getting crabs here is usually a good thing ;-).
    Hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread