Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Food allergies, intolerances, aversions and imagined problems

Quote Originally Posted by slowtyper View Post
    Seen people say they are allergic to garlic, onions, carrots, tofu, all fish except for salmon and tuna...

Do these really exist? I think they are all bs, and people just don't like these foods and just think the restaurant will comply easier if they say they are allergic.
    I don't know about all fish except for salmon and tuna, but I do know a person who is allergic to red tuna (both Yellowfin and Bluefin; caused itchiness, swelling around the throat area and remedied by Benadryl, but not Albacore), and I think I know someone else who is allergic to salmon.
    Michael
    "Don't you know who he is?"

Pesticides in Tap Water Linked to Food Allergies

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...ood-allergies/

Quote Originally Posted by mhlee View Post
    I don't know about all fish except for salmon and tuna, but I do know a person who is allergic to red tuna (both Yellowfin and Bluefin; caused itchiness, swelling around the throat area and remedied by Benadryl, but not Albacore), and I think I know someone else who is allergic to salmon.
    tuna is a fish that many people have reactions too. Tuna is very high in naturally occurring histamine which triggers your bodies allergic responses. Salmon, especially farm raised salmon tends to be high in heavy metals , mercury, lead and a few other things.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

I've been having an allergic reaction to red wine lately. After drinking a lot of it my memory fails and I lose muscle coordination and speech proficiency.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    I've been having an allergic reaction to red wine lately. After drinking a lot of it my memory fails and I lose muscle coordination and speech proficiency.

k.
    LOLOL

Dairy products doesn't sit well with me... Although this doesn't stop me from eating anything. I just have to take meds before doing so. Thankfully, unlike most Asians I am not allergic to alcohol at all. I don't turn bright red, get itchy or anything. I thank my mother's genes and legendary drinking ability. (Not in a problematic way of course. She's just capable of holding her liquor and out drinking most people twice her size).

I always feel bad for people with serious allergies, as well as the people who have to cook for them. It's not quiet the same dish without specific things, which I'm sure is incredibly frustrating for the chef.

Had daytime tv on as background noise while chopping stew ingredients today. A mistake, I know, but it was a so-called "cooking" show, that has maybe 5 minutes of cooking amongst the noise. They had a celebrity guest on who had changed her diet--lo and behold, she found out she was "allergic" to a bunch of different foods because when she stopped eating garbage she felt better! She even said "oh, I won't die if I eat it, I just feel better when I don't!" AIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I managed not to throw anything at the tv at that point. When they went to commercial, it was for a product to kill every single last germ on anything you might touch ever in your life. (Of course, the germs will be resistant in a month because of improper use.) Then another commercial on the wonder drugs you can take if you're feeling a little down--"Call us! You might be depressed and qualify for experimental medicines!"

No wonder people are screwed up.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Had daytime tv on as background noise while chopping stew ingredients today. A mistake, I know, but it was a so-called "cooking" show, that has maybe 5 minutes of cooking amongst the noise. They had a celebrity guest on who had changed her diet--lo and behold, she found out she was "allergic" to a bunch of different foods because when she stopped eating garbage she felt better! She even said "oh, I won't die if I eat it, I just feel better when I don't!" AIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I managed not to throw anything at the tv at that point. When they went to commercial, it was for a product to kill every single last germ on anything you might touch ever in your life. (Of course, the germs will be resistant in a month because of improper use.) Then another commercial on the wonder drugs you can take if you're feeling a little down--"Call us! You might be depressed and qualify for experimental medicines!"

No wonder people are screwed up.
    "I used to care, but they have a pill for that now."

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post
    Or depending on where you live they have medical mj
    once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by Pensacola Tiger View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sachem allison View Post
    tuna is a fish that many people have reactions too. Tuna is very high in naturally occurring histamine which triggers your bodies allergic responses. Salmon, especially farm raised salmon tends to be high in heavy metals , mercury, lead and a few other things.
    Seems like I've heard that the longer the fish is dead, the higher the histamine levels. Or it could just be the wine from dinner talking.