Shipping, stones, and Grinder questions?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgraeff

Reaction score
Hey guys just curious i get knives all the time for review or pass arounds etc. and i dont think i have ever seen anyone else pay more than 16 bucks to ship me a knife standard gyuto 240mm and even insured, however when i send them out same packaging i am paying like 20$?

is there something im missing here? I just the basic priority shipping with insurance and signature from usps.

I had an old hand held grinder i found, and it finally quit on me, i used it for thinning, rounding spines, and other uses as well was pretty nice, any recommendations for a new one that wont break the bank?

also anyone tried the ******** stones? just curious how they perform?

I may be wrong, but I think you don't need to pay for a signature if you are insuring it as the recipient will have to sign either way and that may be right around $4.

Cheers!

I may be wrong, but I think you don't need to pay for a signature if you are insuring it as the recipient will have to sign either way and that may be right around $4.

Cheers!

If you don't request a signature, then the package, insured or not, may be left on the doorstep without the recipient signing for it. Keep in mind that if USPS delivers it to the wrong doorstep you have a potential disaster. I found that out the hard way.

Requiring a signature costs $2.10, and, for me, is worth it. YMMV.

Rick

i was just curious if i was missing something, it always seems that i end up paying more and couldnt figure out why. woudlnt mind except i think i have sent about 40 knives this year so that each money adds up quite a bit by the end of the year.

If you don't request a signature, then the package, insured or not, may be left on the doorstep without the recipient signing for it. Keep in mind that if USPS delivers it to the wrong doorstep you have a potential disaster. I found that out the hard way.

Requiring a signature costs $2.10, and, for me, is worth it. YMMV.

Rick

Thanks Rick, very good to know, and from now on it will be worth it for me as well.

i was just curious if i was missing something, it always seems that i end up paying more and couldnt figure out why. woudlnt mind except i think i have sent about 40 knives this year so that each money adds up quite a bit by the end of the year.

Distance factors into it, so it may be that you are closer to the person who sent it to you and farther from the person you're sending it to.

Get an account at USPS and you can save a little bit by printing labels online. It's not much, but every little but ...

Back