Custom handle and sheath...highly non-traditional....Cutty: avert your gaze!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
Micarta type material for handle and saya, in two different patterns.

8230577873_75d1b789e9_z.jpg

8230580311_ddc1b3d9e2_z.jpg

Soft wood spacer to protect the edge:
8230581119_c462003734_z.jpg

8231645532_03c0bb4fed_z.jpg

Very much experimental for both me and the maker, but I'm quite pleased with it. I don't think I'll end up with a large collection of these :)

That might not be my last one either though.

I think that qualifies as a hallucinagenic.
....or maybe call it Captain Nemo's Camo

Aahh, my eyes, my eyes! :scared4:

Stefan

Take it on Dead tour and cut grilled cheese with it...oh yeah, that was many moons ago...still looks pretty freaking cool in a strange way.

Crazy!
I think I know who made those laminates!
Very cool.

I can't believe that says Masamoto on it. Someone should take it to them so they can see it. They would really get a kick out of it.

There is something curiously appealing about it -- especially the saya. I do think an all black micarta handle with blue pins would of looked cool and tamed a bit of the eye-gasm, but you guys went all in, and appreciate that.

With that said, it is just time now before someone does a saya in the colors of Auburn, U of Michigan, or some other college football team ;)

k.

I love it. Really. I'm looking fwd to making some micarta one day, I've been saving old chef pants,I want a black and white check handle.

I do think an all black micarta handle with blue pins would of looked cool...

This is the sort of thing I have in mind if I want to do this again.

More folks seem to like it than I expected....Cool.

There is something curiously appealing about it -- especially the saya. I do think an all black micarta handle with blue pins would of looked cool and tamed a bit of the eye-gasm, but you guys went all in, and appreciate that.

With that said, it is just time now before someone does a saya in the colors of Auburn, U of Michigan, or some other college football team ;)

k.

I like the saya quite a bit. the concentricity of the circles almost seems like it's glowing or moving. How about Ohio State?

logo.jpg
l.php

Crazy! Top marks for creativity.

I'd do my handle/saya combo in FC Barcelona's blaugrana.

Woah--that is mighty trippy. It definitely deserves a to be stored in some prominent place so that everyone who comes into your kitchen can be blasted by the full effect! :cool2:

As someone who lived through the Age of Aquarius, I approve.
Would like to see a matching cleaver. :happymug:

Its nice work, but I personally dont dig it when people add blue to a handle or saya. For me it screams unnatural, whereas handmade knives have a very natural, rustic, comforting feeling to them. IMO the only blue on a knife should be on the blade.

Its nice work, but I personally dont dig it when people add blue to a handle or saya. For me it screams unnatural, whereas handmade knives have a very natural, rustic, comforting feeling to them. IMO the only blue on a knife should be on the blade.
:rasberry:

Back