????? Big Question ?????

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DWSmith

Still Plays With Blocks
Reaction score
I hate to ask a stupid question but at the risk of looking stupid, here goes.

Today UPS dropped off a package containing the knife in the photo below. I didn't order/buy a knife, I don't know anything about a pass around, in short I have no idea why this came to my door. Does anyone know any information about it and what I should do with it? If it was sent by mistake I will be happy to forward it off to its rightful destination, if it is a pass around I will be happy to give my unexpert opinion and then pass it off to the next person.

It looks to be a paring knife with a custom handle, there are no makers marks on the knife that I can recognize, it is very well balanced and terribly sharp.

(Tried to add a photo through Manage Attachments but nothing wouold finish loading. Sorry.)

It looks to be a paring knife with a custom handle, there are no makers marks on the knife that I can recognize, it is very well balanced and terribly sharp.

Definitely from someone on this forum!
:knife:

Finally able to attach a photo of the knife that arrived today. Anyone have any ideas?

DWS_0066.jpg

That's almost certainly a Del Ealy from his recent paring sale. I'm sure a forum member bought it--you might post in his sub-forum to ask.

Way to go, David, for your honesty and forthrightness--though it doesn't surprise me in the slightest in your case.

Mystery solved. Chalk it up to my poor memory.

Ratton will be on his way to a warmer state soon and asked me to take the delivery of a knife he bought. So it arrived today without any notes or instructions so I was a little confused. So now I get to drool over it until he arrives next week on his way to FL. Don't worry Ratton, I will take very good care of your knife and promise not to dissect any fruit with it.

BTW It is a very good knife and one I would be delighted to own myself.

Dave -- you could have bought that parer Del sent for us to display when you were in DC :) His pricing on these is very good. Shoot him an email and get on his list for the next batch (I know I put myself on the list the next week, as when I told him I wanted to buy it he had already sold it).

Back