Quantcast
DIY Sous Vide setup - anyone using a 22 qt. Hamilton Beach roaster as the bath?

Thread: DIY Sous Vide setup - anyone using a 22 qt. Hamilton Beach roaster as the bath?

DIY Sous Vide setup - anyone using a 22 qt. Hamilton Beach roaster as the bath?

I picked up a nice PID for a DIY Sous Vide setup. I was going to get an 8 qt. crock pot, but it will be too small to be effective I think. I'm thinking goose, duck, large fillets, game, etc. With one this big I may put a 12v circulator in it as well. Is anyone using such an item for Sous Vide and if so how is it working for you?

wyoming, closer to nowhere than somewhere.
    hmm I'm thinking something that big you may want to go with 2 circulators, or have one that is split to 2 areas of the bath. Other than that I like the idea.
    Chewie's the man.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    I'd check out EGullet. They have a very imformative Sous Vide pinned topic. Many "experts" there.
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    hmm I'm thinking something that big you may want to go with 2 circulators, or have one that is split to 2 areas of the bath. Other than that I like the idea.
    Circulator pumps are cheap so two might be better. One of 'em going' and the other one comin' back . . . yeah that's it . . . that's the ticket.

Thanks for the heads up on the EGullet sight AFK Guy