Quantcast
How to sell the ones you love - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How to sell the ones you love

Been here a few times. I have to start with the ones seeing the least service. Once I weed those out I have to enlist the help of my lovely wife to help me get rid of the rest. There are a few that are untouchable, but I lay out the ones that might get cut, and let her do the rest. Sometimes I bargain...if I get rid of a knife she has to down size a few shoes or a jacket. Makes me feel better when we both get rid of stuff.

Wow...that seems kind of unfair. What's the resale value of used shoes these days?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

240 gyutos are my weakness too, I have around 6 high end gyutos, and i'm still using a stainless messermeister deba I've had for 7 years! It's nice to know I'm not the only one!
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Wow...that seems kind of unfair. What's the resale value of used shoes these days?
    I think you might be surprised at the cost of some shoes. But value is not really the point, so much as attachement.

Well if anyone does end up selling some stuff off pm me since my wife really wants a decent knife and I'd love to get her one for Xmas but after buying my first ever decent knife (carbonext) i don't have much in the budget lol. She got knife envy but seeing as she's pregnant I'm gonna have to find something for her. Eventually i will have more knives and need to sell some, but until then, I wanna buy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crothcipt View Post
    hey it's been a very weird day.
    You too, huh?
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

+1 on hekler's comment

I'm been putting off selling a few of my favorites because it's the last thing I want to do but sometimes you've just got to bite the bullet no matter how much it hurts.

That means a lot Dave being I need to sell one to do the Dave performance package for my soon to be sujihiki.

I decided to turn around and do some good with the money...or, I will....

In all seriousness, I have 3 knives I'll NEVER sell, and two that I likely won't sell. On top of that, one that I know I won't sell is coming. My travel knife is a Marr petty that was gifted to me by a very good friend and I love the use it is seeing because of me. I have grown very attached to it, using it at work, home and anywhere, really, so I guess that won't be sold either.

I'd just sell other things, if I were you. Take up another hobby and then sell that stuff off right away. I hear audio equipment is fun.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com