budget 210mm petty/suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumbaa

Reaction score
What are some get under the $150-$200 mark. I have upgraded all my knives except petty and bread and this holiday time with some extra $ I'm going to upgrade both. Once upgraded my kitana petty yeah yeah I know at least its vg-1 will be given to chris aka knyfeknerd to give away along with my chroma bread knife.

I love my kono hd. It's a great line service knife, and it works well cleaning proteins, too.

I too am looking for a knife with these specs. Blue way no longer has that Sakai for sale so any additional help would be appreciated

If you email bluewayjapan, he can normally order most things at a pretty standard price.

I e-mailed him about a 270mm sujihiki 1 week ago. you can order one but the waiting time is around 3 months.

Same here, just ordered a 240 suji stainless and I've been warned it's a 3 months wait. Can confirm Keiichi @ Blueway is open to items not listed in the web store as I ordered a custom handle and heat treatment.

BluewayJapan still has one Western handled Sakai Yusuke White steel 210 suji in stock for US $169.99

Just get the Misono Moly Gyuto. Mine has a heel height of a whopping 41mm! I'm kidding about the rec, but I do love mine.

Meh, there are lots of good 210 sujis to be had. Have fun!

The site that sells chef knives :whistling: has a nice takeda 210 petty which i've been eyeing. A little over at $250 but that has $50 discount so not bad all in all.

A question for those of you who use and are proponents of the 210 petty:
If space wasn't an issue, would you use a 150mm petty and a 240-270 suji instead? Or do you find the 210 to be just that handy in its own right?
I can see it being a useful utility knife for citrus, shallots, etc. but I have a hard time seeing it being used as a suji. To me even a 240 makes a much more efficient slicer. I'm not tryin to rain on the parade, just lookin for some insight.
Thanks.

Well this will be for citrus, dicing berries and fruit, and things of that nature and when I snag another night time line gig it will be my line knife.

A question for those of you who use and are proponents of the 210 petty:
If space wasn't an issue, would you use a 150mm petty and a 240-270 suji instead? Or do you find the 210 to be just that handy in its own right?

No for me personally. Before I got one I was really unsure if I'd ever use it and it quickly became probably my most used knife. It's a sorta unique one, good for so many different things. I use a 270 gyuto and a 210 suji all the time

Thanks for the input guys. It's educational to hear how people put together their kit and what they're using most.

Latest posts

Back