Short Parer Rec

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Miyabi

IMG_0244.JPG

I like the thin handle. Rolled spine and choil (what there is of one). VG10, which Miyabi seems to do better with than most manufacturers. You can get a normal pointed one as well. $70 at SLT.

I was actually looking at the miyabi from slt with the birch handle too. I like the geometry of yours. I don't like parers that are too 'tippy'. I was also considering the 80 mm misono.

I may end up getting two when all is said and done.

K.

I was actually looking at the miyabi from slt with the birch handle too. I like the geometry of yours. I don't like parers that are too 'tippy'. I was also considering the 80 mm misono.

K.

I have a 240mm Miyabi Birchwood gyuto that I have been using a lot lately. It is really, really great. Always loved my 10" Miyabi Fusion as a line knife, and the Birchwood is even better. Better steel, profile, geometry, looks. I got the Fusion parer because I really don't use them that much, so I didn't want to spend extra on coin on one.

K.

I have the Miyabi, NIB, PM me if you're interested.

Rick

P.S., your mailbox is full.

Unless you are on a restrictive budget, you should hit up someone like Pierre or Butch. They don't have huge wait times(to the best of my knowledge).

That depends on how patient you are! Haha
4-6 months is doable, and well worth it in my opinion!

Unless you are on a restrictive budget, you should hit up someone like Pierre or Butch. They don't have huge wait times(to the best of my knowledge).

Yeah, I should check out Butch, and I can't wait for my Pierre knife to come in, but I am only a couple months into the 'wait' so far.

Btw, I think it would be cool to have a three-knife paring set sold somewhere (JKS?) with three different custom makers in the set (Pierre, Butch, Fowler?, Del?, Devin? or maybe another mix) They could all be different styles and sizes. Maybe a 3 1/2 inch, 4 1/2 inch and a sheep's foot. It would be a great way to see the work of different knifemakers and knock out your paring knife arsenal all in one blow. Just an idea.

k.

I think the term "paring knife arsenal" doesn't often leave this forum.
:lol2:

Back