Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wusthof Classic Ikon - Strange issues - need help and opinions

My biggest question to you(and I don't mean this to sound insulting)... Why did you buy a SET of knives in the first place? The sixteen knife kit has a lotta redundancies... Again, I'm not judging or whatever, just curious.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I know you do not want to hear this but I would just return the knives for a full refund and purchase much better knives. For the price you can get some really really good knives.
    Truth.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i bet a second set will be fine. these are decent knives.
    I wld request a replacement set send from Germany of which I think they wld accede to so that it is not from teh same batch and have their people check and confirm that it is not from teh same batch..

Rgds
    D

Answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    My biggest question to you(and I don't mean this to sound insulting)... Why did you buy a SET of knives in the first place? The sixteen knife kit has a lotta redundancies... Again, I'm not judging or whatever, just curious.
    After you subtract the steak knives it is really a set of 10. I actually use every knife in the set. Sometimes I am slicing fruit and then chopping onion on a second board, then boning a roast, so I don't want to keep stopping the prep to wash knives. I wash them all at the same time when meal prep is done. There are some similarities in the paring/ small knife category but due to serration or length, and i like to have that variety on hand for different tasks, e.g. If I am cooking for one I don't want to pull out a 9 inch bread or chefs knife for one tomato.

I didn't buy the set to get the most knives for my money but looked hard for the exact knives I always use. There was only one set that had my mix of knives and it was $100 less than buying individually.

I agree a set of 16 without those steak knives would have a lot of redundancies. I thought I showed restraint in not getting a birds beak and a "tomato" knife too, LOL.

I have too many gyutos to discuss redundancies without feeling like a hypocrite!

I hope Wusthof works this issue out to your satisfaction (which it sounds like they're trying to do).

Welcome to the forum, Priem!