Quantcast
Wusthof Classic Ikon - Strange issues - need help and opinions - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wusthof Classic Ikon - Strange issues - need help and opinions

My biggest question to you(and I don't mean this to sound insulting)... Why did you buy a SET of knives in the first place? The sixteen knife kit has a lotta redundancies... Again, I'm not judging or whatever, just curious.
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThEoRy View Post
    I know you do not want to hear this but I would just return the knives for a full refund and purchase much better knives. For the price you can get some really really good knives.
    Truth.
    Today is as good a day to die as any. Except for tomorrow. I have plans tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i bet a second set will be fine. these are decent knives.
    I wld request a replacement set send from Germany of which I think they wld accede to so that it is not from teh same batch and have their people check and confirm that it is not from teh same batch..

Rgds
    D

Answer to your question

Quote Originally Posted by brainsausage View Post
    My biggest question to you(and I don't mean this to sound insulting)... Why did you buy a SET of knives in the first place? The sixteen knife kit has a lotta redundancies... Again, I'm not judging or whatever, just curious.
    After you subtract the steak knives it is really a set of 10. I actually use every knife in the set. Sometimes I am slicing fruit and then chopping onion on a second board, then boning a roast, so I don't want to keep stopping the prep to wash knives. I wash them all at the same time when meal prep is done. There are some similarities in the paring/ small knife category but due to serration or length, and i like to have that variety on hand for different tasks, e.g. If I am cooking for one I don't want to pull out a 9 inch bread or chefs knife for one tomato.

I didn't buy the set to get the most knives for my money but looked hard for the exact knives I always use. There was only one set that had my mix of knives and it was $100 less than buying individually.

I agree a set of 16 without those steak knives would have a lot of redundancies. I thought I showed restraint in not getting a birds beak and a "tomato" knife too, LOL.

I have too many gyutos to discuss redundancies without feeling like a hypocrite!

I hope Wusthof works this issue out to your satisfaction (which it sounds like they're trying to do).

Welcome to the forum, Priem!

+ Reply to Thread