Part 2 of Contest - Win a WA Re-handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
For those of you that remember we had a re-handle contest a while back.
Forum members posted a photo of a knife they would like to have re-handled.
There was a drawing for the winner. The way it worked was the winner would not know what we were going to do for their handle. It would be a surprise. I provided the handle material and Mike Henry did all the work. Originally nobody would know what the re-handled knife would look like until it was mailed back to the winner. But because the winner was having other re-handles done at the same time it would be a bit longer until the knife would be sent back. And I wanted to see how it turned out. So here are photos.

The winner of the contest was Canadian Man.
This is the photo of the knife he entered in the drawing.
DSC00014.jpg

The knife was mailed to Mike Henry and I sent the handle material.
002-36-1.jpg

Then Mike got to work on the re-handle.
I think he out did himself with this one. What do you guys think?

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3121.jpg

IMG_3122.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

The wood used for the handle is Spalted Sycamore and Bog Oak.
I sure hope Canadian Man likes it. I sure do.

Wow. That is a beaut - I would be happy. Nice job guys.

nice looking handle. good job, Mike

Very handsome! Well done Mike.

Not bad... not bad at all! Looks like well-chosen wood and great job making the handle. Wood is a wonderful thing. If I were making it, maybe the only thing I wouldn't be sure about would be having the bog oak at the butt end as well as the ferrule.

I Love It!! It's amazing looking, the wood really is stunning, i can't wait to get my knife back

Mike, In case you didn't know, CanadianMan has moved to my address in N.C. please just go ahead and ship to me!

Great contest and great job to all involved. Congrats to Canadian Man!

Congrats Trev, can't wait to see this at work, the sycamore really does look like shed snake skin, wild stuff that wood is. It looks crazy from all angles.

I'm gonna steal this one off Trev's cutting board when he is doing service one day :D

Im Really going to have to put this nife on lockdown once i get it, thats if i get before someone on the forum swipes it from my mailbox lol

Back