Best way to carry knives?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
How do you guys carry your knives, and other stuff to and from work?
I have a global knife bag, but it only takes knives. I don't want to have to carry another bag for my tongs, thermometer, spatulas etc, but there is no space in my bag.
A solution I've seen is a tool box, but I don't have sayas for all my knives so I can only think of the potential damage from banging into each other, and me reaching in and losing a finger :eek2:

FWIW, I usually carry 2 gyutos, a butchers knife, a boning knife, 2 paring knives and 2 steels. Any recommendations for something that can take all my knives, and my 'misc' gear too?

Ultimate Edge Deluxe 18 Pocket Knife Bag.

[video]http://youtube.com/#/watch?v=lsbIIQoJKCI&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlsbIIQoJKCI[/video]

Jon carries them at jki. Com

I have a Koobi kit and a Koobi duffle bag which has a spot to put the knife bag into it and then plenty o room for all sorts I things. It's not cheap but for me definitely worth it. Thy are in great shape and I've had them for a few years.

I have a Koobi Kit and I really like it, but my 300mm yanagi with saya will not fit inside it straight. I have to keep it out of the pocket and put it in diagonally. Other than that it's been great.

http://www.chefpak.com

i love this backpack, it has a knife case inside, laptop compartment or for papers binders recipes etc, a compartment for tools like microplane, fish spat, fish tweezers, shears anything you can think of, then another smaller compartment.

I have found this to be the most efficient way to carry everything i need. Ive had mine for almost 3 years and in excellent shape, high recommend it.

One in each hand, one in my teeth! :D

roronoa_zoro34.jpg

I did and I have used one for years but, the OP doesn't have any sayas, he could use blade guards though. they are out of stock at JBPrince but, you can find them on ebay UK and www.thesportsmansguide.com cheap

Back