Japanese Knives messing around with fake kasumi finishes

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
I was sharpening a customers shun yanagiba today (which actually had the correct structure for the knife's geometry FWIW), and i put a fake kasumi finish on it for a minute. Its not done yet, but i thought you guys might get a kick out of it ;)

706354_10151195268763860_980337667_o.jpg

dude, that looks great! what stones, what stones?!

You want a new knife as well. That's okay :)

By fake, you mean this is monosteel? If so, looks pretty cool in the picture.

I've done that on a Global yanagi. Only satisfying part of working on that thing. I also can't wait to hear about this synthetic aoto of yours.

Bugger, in my tentative (and some might say "inherently wrong") quest for the one-stop-shop-stone for routine maintenance I was almost pulling the trigger for the green brick, then people would rather suggest going for the gesshin 2k, then other again for the trusted Bester 1200... and now here's another one on the horizon!!!!

haha... just hold on for a bit longer... its almost ready

Any updates on the ETA for this one? I'm holding out on buying a new stone until I see what this one's all about.

Any updates on the ETA for this one? I'm holding out on buying a new stone until I see what this one's all about.

Little bump. I know you've been busy and this probably got missed in the shuffle.

no... its just delayed. They promised before the end of the year last year, but that didnt happen. As of yet, no update. Sorry.

Back