Quantcast
E.Dehillerin cook shop paris - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E.Dehillerin cook shop paris

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Make sure to go to the Maille mustard shop too. They have mustard on tap.

k.
    Ohhh Muuuustard!

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    From what I remember those knives on that red board where HUGE and that second one down didn't even look real. It looked like a knifemaker had it made as a prop.

k.
    If you ever seek out vintage nogents (or other chef's knife) they are almost always 12-13" in length.

However, I get the impression that there are so many because they weren't used as frequently as smaller blades. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian View Post
    If you ever seek out vintage nogents (or other chef's knife) they are almost always 12-13" in length.
    From what I remember, that thing was closer to 20 inches.

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

Just had to show mustard on tap.
    [IMG][/IMG]

The shop
    [IMG][/IMG]
    A clever cook can make good meat of a whetstone.” Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    I asked at my hotel how to find the place and was told as a non-professional chef I didn't need to know! Bleeping French! Never made it there but it is on my list for whenever I make it to Paris again. I just won't be asking diddly from the hotel staff.
    Yeah, be prepared for more of that when you eventually find the shop. If you manage to get any service at all, don't expect to get any questions answered without the initial sigh and eye-roll.
    Especially if you only talk English.

It is of course partly understandable that they develop this kind of attitude with so many tourists crowding up their store. But if you lie about being a pro bib gourmand-chef, like I did, they suddenly snap into service mode.

I would put of at least two or three hours for the visit. You need at least that to go through all the nooks and crannies of the shelves and the basement where you find the interesting stuff. An MAN do they got some interesting stuff!

Once Again... WHERE THE HELL IS STEELEY???
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

There is a blog from a German woman who lives in paris with her husband and is absolutely clueless about cooking. She tries to remedy that by attending various cooking classes of which there seem to be untold numbers in Paris. The blog is regularly featured in SPIEGEL Online, the biggest German online news page. She has written a blog entry about Dehillerin, too:

http://frauneudeckerlerntendlichkoch...aft-von-paris/

Quote Originally Posted by mhpr262 View Post
    There is a blog from a German woman who lives in paris with her husband and is absolutely clueless about cooking. She tries to remedy that by attending various cooking classes of which there seem to be untold numbers in Paris. The blog is regularly featured in SPIEGEL Online, the biggest German online news page. She has written a blog entry about Dehillerin, too:

http://frauneudeckerlerntendlichkoch...aft-von-paris/
    Great read! Thanks a lot.

+ Reply to Thread