Available knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
Here are a couple of knives I finished along with a custom ordered knife.
The first is an AEBL 210 gyuto with spalted oak handle and amboynia bolsters.
Price $325 shipped
100_1224.jpg100_1225.jpg

the second one is an O-1 240mm gyuto with black ash handle and bog oak bolsters.
Price $430 shipped
100_1222.jpg100_1223.jpg

the last knife is the last of the finished paring knives, although it is likely that I will do some more from time to time.
$110 shipped

Del, what are the specs on the 210 gyuto?
Weight, height at heel, spine at heel, spine midway to tip, spine 1 cm from tip.
If I end up buying this it ill be my third Ealy, that I really can't afford, in about a month. Anyone got a jar of self-discipline to spare?

Del, what are the specs on the 210 gyuto?
Weight, height at heel, spine at heel, spine midway to tip, spine 1 cm from tip.
If I end up buying this it ill be my third Ealy, that I really can't afford, in about a month. Anyone got a jar of self-discipline to spare?

Spine is 2.5, 2, and 1mm in the spots you asked about. 46-47mm high at the heel, and 228 grams.
As far as the self discipline goes, my wife has been a bad influence on me lately, so I don't have any to spare either.
Thanks,
Del

Thanks, Del! I'll have to sleep on it. Hopefully someone snags it before me:) I'm still going to get one, but maybe then I can hold back for another month or two.

Just to let everyone know, these gyutos are convex ground. I found a way to incorporate the angled plunge line along with the convex grind, with a little help from a friend.
Del

How difficult is it to maintain the edge? Or sharpen it? Any special considerations?

Dang those knives are beautiful, if I didn't already have a 240mm Ealy gyuto I'd snatch one up. That 210 has an amazing handle I'm glad you were able to bring the plunge line back Del, I wish my gyuto had one but other then that it's a wonderful knife with a great grind. An ease to sharpen and a pleasure to use; somebody by it before I do something stupid.

What the heck! Told my girlfriend hoping she would reason with me not to buy another but she just said: "Go for it!". I'll send you a pm, Del.

If I could swing it, I'd be all over the 210 w oak handle. Great stuff, Del!

I have received my 240 gyuto, I was expecting a great knife but.......

It's freaking awesome!!!!!! Del this is a thing of beauty, talk about a knife that is well balanced, beautiful, and a hell of a cutter....broke it in fixing a chicken stir fry, just used it and paring knife to fix pork with green chiles, awesome combo.

Thanks man.

I got a gyuto from Del also and his work does indeed surpass all expectations. I only have 3 knives that will stay with me forever, this gyuto is one (I would have kept an ealy petty I recently sold but I can't be trusted with carbon steel). Thanks Del...you are certainly one of the best.

100_1269.jpg100_1270.jpg

I have been quiet on the forum for a few days and here is why, I am working on a batch of knives, that will be up here as I finish them. Two are for an order and they will be finished first, the nakiri and one of the pettys.
All of the other blades are stainless, except for the 240 suji, which is O-1 carbon steel.
There is a 240 gyuto and a 240 suji, a pair of 210 gyutos and a pair of pettys. There are also 4 paring knives.
I'll be posting these as I finish them early this week.
I have made some improvements in my technique and all of the knives are now provided with a full convex blade that is light, but tough and is a helluva cutter, as the previous comments in this thread attest to.
If anyone has an interest in any of these and has a handle material suggestion, please contact me.
There has been interest lately mostly in the stainless blades, and so I have another batch behind these that will aslo be mostly stainless. I am including a damascus blade here and there, in both carbon and stainless, as well as some carbon blades. After the next batch I will be making some nakiris in the batches as well.
I have decide to do things this way, because I do get requests for prebuys now and then for various items, but I also seem to get requests for something outside the prebuy as well. I like working knives in batches, normally they are not this large, but I am feeling ambitious in the beginning of the new year.
I am also planning on working on some new damascus patterns and incorporating them into some of my future knives.
Thanks,
Del

Can't wait to see 'em, especially the new Damascus patterns! Keep up the great work Del!

I am really enjoying the 210 Gyuoto and about to go pick up the pairing knife which was lost in shipping tomorrow from another member, my fault completely. The guyoto surpassed all of my fears of the Ealy name. Much praise.

That nakiri would be an awesome one to try out.

I was just thinking that Quantum, I really want to get a nakiri, never used one before

Its a very unique experience without having the sharp tip of the knife, and a lot less travel forward and back because submentally you still expect that tip....its weird I cant even explain it. I love tall knives as well, thats why I rock the Takedas, but I have never tried a nakiri I didn't like. Its like a baby cleaver looking thing with speedy gyuoto tendencies and quite precise to boot. Another thing I like about nakiris is that they seem more solid than guyotos. If the metal Del used to build this nakiri is the same one thats in his gyuoto that I got, I can only imagine the type of work horse that it os going to be. Squash will not stand a chance.

100_1280.jpg

Convex ground 240mm sujihiki in O-1 carbon steel with amboynia bolsters and quilted maple burl handle.

$400 shipped
Thanks,
Del

Latest posts

Back