Quantcast
Recommend the perfect summer drink - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommend the perfect summer drink

Kettle One.....up. Winter, summer spring, no dif.

I'm with you there Salty. Vodka straight is my go-to drink. I usually put a half cube of crushed ice in it or just chill it really good. But I have the luxury of going to Ukraine often and bringing back the good stuff. A couple of years back I hosted a blind vodka tasting. Stoli Elite won, second was Hanger One, and third was Beluga Gold.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Mint juleps with Makers Mark or mojitos when I want it boozy. On a lighter side, 50/50 white wine and tonic water with lots of lemon. One of my favorite virgin ones: Fresh mint leaves & a tablespoon of ginger sirup over crushed ice, filled up with Sprite or club soda (works with basil also).

Stefan

mojitos are the best way to drink a bottle of rum without realizing it.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    mojitos are the best way to drink a bottle of rum without realizing it.
    Until it's too late.

Gin out of the freezer with a twist of lime. If I'm really thirsty it gets some tonic, but that's rare. More often than not, thirsty means beer.

I highly recommend North Shore Distiller's #6. North Shore is a great little distiller out of Illinois who do everything in small batches and whatnot. According to their website you can only get their stuff in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Washington and Wisconsin. I have no idea how Ontario ended up on that list, but I'm very grateful.

Paloma-Tequila, grapefruit juice, lime, soda water

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Gin out of the freezer with a twist of lime. If I'm really thirsty it gets some tonic, but that's rare. More often than not, thirsty means beer.

I highly recommend North Shore Distiller's #6. North Shore is a great little distiller out of Illinois who do everything in small batches and whatnot. According to their website you can only get their stuff in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Ontario, Pennsylvania, Washington and Wisconsin. I have no idea how Ontario ended up on that list, but I'm very grateful.
    i haven't had Distiller's #6, yet. Blue Coat, Junipero and Hendrick's are my favorites, in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    i haven't had Distiller's #6, yet. Blue Coat, Junipero and Hendrick's are my favorites, in that order.
    In Ontario, I can only seem to find major international brands. Of them, I was always a fan of Hendrick's, Bulldog and Sapphire. I much prefer #6, though I can't say how it stacks up to Blue Coat or Junipero, as they've never been available.

I like Rieslings from Alsace but they cost an arm and a leg here. German's are definite crowd pleasers. Most of my faves come from MSR but it's hard to find a bad one lately.