• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Korin(?) Yanagiba 300mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
300mm Korin (I think??) kasumi yanagiba for sale.

Includes saya but no box
*Note - the saya has been marked for drilling for a pin but is not drilled nor is a pin included. Saya has a great friction fit though.

Actual cutting edge length - 293mm

The knife came to me in a trade damaged. I've repaired the edge over time during my sharpening class demos. The edge chips & tip have been fixed, the shinogi line raised slightly, and the bevel is now hamaguri (convexed). The only thing I felt that I still wanted to do is some more work on the tip area to get it a tad bit thinner/flatter but this isn't something that's required, just something I felt I wanted to do over time when I could. The new owner could use it as is with no issues I'm sure or could take it to the stones and finish the task. If you look closely at the bevel you'll notice how it's shinier along the edge than it is at the last 1-2" at the tip and this is what I'm talking about, just an angle change and some grinding needed to make is more uniform. There was a lot of work needed on this knife when it came to me so I did it in small spurts rather than all at once.

Price - $165 (includes shipping in CONUS - international to pay actual shipping costs)

Please PM me if interested.

Here's the pics for your perusing pleasure....

P1010016.JPG

P1010001.JPG

P1010010.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

Just to confirm, yes this is a Korin knife. A pretty old one too if I'm not mistaken. :)

any idea what steel it is?

I'm fairly certain its a white #2 kasumi knife... Don't hold me to the kasumi part, it could be a hongasumi. The hongasumi knives we currently sell are stamped on the back, but things may have changed since that knife was sold.

Back