• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Carter high grade 240 gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have for sale a Carter gyuto I recently received in a trade, but I have too many 240's (seems to be a common ailment) and I'd like to add a few single bevels to my line up.
I don't know too much about it other than:
It is a great cutter!
Cutting edge is 243mm approx
White #1, clad in stainless
Handle is black micarta/corian/ironwood ( i think )
Never sharpened
I'm not 100% what it's worth but I'll start at $625 + shipping. Which I think is fair but we'll see.
DD4532ED-E837-4779-8EDF-96E43DD4B1EC-4229-00000598435C89F4_zps36c6fd1d.jpg
[/IMG]
4BA6A6E3-646C-4845-AE00-F61ACDD623EC-4229-00000598518D21BB_zpsff4f4344.jpg
[/IMG]
1F27AA0B-4875-41AD-BC5B-C428AFC8BBD4-2835-0000045BE49F0BA8_zpsa50564b5.jpg
[/IMG]

If there are any questions please feel free to PM me
Thanks for looking

Sure wish it wasn't time to buy X-mas presents--WOW!

A little background on the knife, Huw.

It's one of ten made by Murray Carter to commemorate the 50,000th knife sold by the webstore we cannot name. The handle is, as you have suggested, black micarta with a Corian spacer and ironwood ferrule. For the Carter aficionados among us, Murray labeled it as 7.9 sun (240 mm for the rest of us).

Good luck with the sale. It shouldn't last long.

Rick

Ohhhhh man, so tempting! Yet I feel if I went for it you guys will probably see it again-in the news as the murder weapon followed by the caption "local chef/restaurateur slain by pregnant wife after she discovered this beautiful Carter in the mail."

On one hand I paid a lot less than that for mine when it came out...on the other hand, I would buy this instantly if mine were stolen or lost. I don't use any other gyuto at work.

On one hand I paid a lot less than that for mine when it came out...on the other hand, I would buy this instantly if mine were stolen or lost. I don't use any other gyuto at work.

Yes, but with price increases, similar knives are going for near $800 on his website....

Agree. That's why I'd buy it again.

Ohhhhh man, so tempting! Yet I feel if I went for it you guys will probably see it again-in the news as the murder weapon followed by the caption "local chef/restaurateur slain by pregnant wife after she discovered this beautiful Carter in the mail."

Ehhh...crap, my wife is prego, and I wish I could have this knife too...which a lot of the time ends up being the case....I need to sell some knives.

Congrats on the sell! Absolutely beautiful knife, wish Christmas didn't set me back otherwise I would have picked this up

Back