Thread: First upload (Konosuke Compilation)

First upload (Konosuke Compilation)

Here's a video I filmed today. Resources were an iPad and iMovie. A bit of quality was lost with all the editing and uploading.

Hats off to the gentlemen whom make good videos, it's not as easy as I thought! Very time consuming for a first timer. Anyway.. nothing exciting, all I had was a couple onions. Mostly sharpening and cleaning (been months since I sharpened a knife).

I thought I'd share with you guys because, well, who else would appreciate this?

Good effort. I how sharp did that nakiri get in the end? You gotta do some sort of sharpness demo

Thanks for the feedback! The nakiri scared hair off my arm and made pepper skins cry. That's a 3000 grit.

Still working on camera angles amongst other things. I'll include a sharpness demo in the next one. In hindsight I should have shortened the sharpening and cleaning scenes. My next task is incorporating music behind the sound of the cutting board. .

Good first movie effort, thanks for sharing.

Yes, we need more vegetables!

Quote Originally Posted by fujiyama View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! The nakiri scared hair off my arm and made pepper skins cry. That's a 3000 grit.

Still working on camera angles amongst other things. I'll include a sharpness demo in the next one. In hindsight I should have shortened the sharpening and cleaning scenes. My next task is incorporating music behind the sound of the cutting board. .
    Music will definitely help.

Also i agree with gauri, more chopping of many things

Very nice video! What is the stone you are using ? Do you strop afterwards?

Thank you!

I was using a Naniwa Chosera 3000 and a leather strop. That strop is meant to be used with a compound or spray but it works okay without one.