Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures/videos of new/unknown makers

I really like that handle, really really like it.

I had put this one up before in the newest buy thread, but figured I'd add it again here for context. Scott Mcghee of Guinea Hog Forge, JS paring knife in O-1 and ivory micarta. Pictured next to my Rader parer for scale. 2 knives I got for a similar purpose, in hand work. Look different, feel different, but both very good at it and you don't want to put either one down to pick up the other.

Man those McGhee knives just look great! I love the white material - do you know what it is? Doesn't look like g10 or micarta from the picture.
    "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Don,
    It is ivory paper micarta, it came out looking whiter in the pic than in real life, and in the right light, you can see the layers in the front and rear scallops in the handle.

Has anyone heard of blue knives from seatlle. blue-knives.com. I've been looking at the website for a while but can't get my self to buy an untested knife.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

The incredibly sophisticated Boise, ID <g>
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    Has anyone heard of blue knives from seatlle. blue-knives.com. I've been looking at the website for a while but can't get my self to buy an untested knife.
    There was a post here on this guy withing the last couple months. Don't recall much about it, but I'll see if I can track it down.

Quote Originally Posted by bikehunter View Post
    There was a post here on this guy withing the last couple months. Don't recall much about it, but I'll see if I can track it down.
    Awesome. Thanks.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Here's another one. Does anyone know about Don Carlos Andrade. I know a few places that sell his knives including EE, and local shop here in DC. I haven't heard anyone say anything about how well work. They look funky that's for sure and I haven't seen anyone here talk about him. He has his name in some big name places though.Name:  il_570xN.383662444_spkt.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  26.1 KBName:  moderns1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  19.7 KB

he is a student of Tai Goo in the neotribal school of bladesmithing if I remember.
    I haven't lived the life I wanted, just the lives I needed too at the time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	criollo0025.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	23.0 KB 
ID:	17889Name:  criollo.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  27.1 KBSorry to keep adding but has anyone heard of Mariano Gugliotta of Argentina. He has some nice looking stuff. His damascus looks great too. Although it seems like he only does damascus in hunters.