Thou Shalt Not Covet...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In this time of giving (and wanting), I thought I would post a few knives from other people's collections that I covet. A couple of Raders and DTs, a Bill Burke, and a lineup of Hattori KDs. Jon Broida had a couple too, but his old posts no longer have photos in them.

k.

BB_suji.jpg

DT_bubble.jpg

Rader-49.jpg

KD.jpg

rader.jpg

DT_scimitar.jpg

Wow. Wow. The pattern on the DT Santoku.... woooooww.....

All of those are ridiculous though.

I don't keep up with the custom market because I can't afford them. Someone please give me some details on the knife second from the bottom, just below the KDs.

I don't keep up with the custom market because I can't afford them. Someone please give me some details on the knife second from the bottom, just below the KDs.

It is a Michael Rader for sure - not sure whose it is though.

It is a Michael Rader for sure - not sure whose it is though.

Oh I don't know that scimitar gives it a run for its money. Although I do love that Radar too, looks powerful and elegant. Mr. Dinky you have great taste I want all of them.

Justin0505 owns it. It is a beautiful knife and the integral bolster on it is probably the best I have ever seen. It's a big one though -- skull splitting murder weapon large. Chuckles recently got to see it up close too.

k.

Thanks, Jon. Wow, I looked at the other knives on your site. They look amazing! Not sure how I missed those before.

Justin's Rader is something else. I could see Bilbo and Frodo fighting over it before along walk.
Bolster is amazing and it has a no joke end cap to match.

Salty's 400+/-mm rader slicer is pretty awesome too...not to mention his mizunos and suisins.

Oivinds' Bill Burke Suji Dragon's Breath Damascus with Musk Ox Handle is my Holy Grail except I want it in a Gyuto.

Salty's 400+/-mm rader slicer is pretty awesome too...not to mention his mizunos and suisins.

LOL. Funny you should mention his knives... when I read the title of this thread I though it should have been: "Thou Salt(y) Not Covet..."

Just about anything that Rick (Pensacola Tiger) owns...that man has some incredible knives!

I think my favorite might be Matt's Rader. Maybe I can talk him into lending it to me one day :D hint hint....

it was a 300mm Tsukasa Hinoura Yanagiba... a local chef picked it up a little while back. Thankfully, he's close by so i can go see it if i feel withdrawals setting in ;)

I had serious drool syndrome over this one too. fan-frekin-gor-geous.

My heart says YES! My brain (and wallet) says don't even think about it. There are definitely some awesomely beautiful knives out there. Luckily for me I am a simple guy and not tempted by Damascus...yet :)

Back