Metal Masters 10k stone

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronsgibson

Reaction score
Well I checked out there site not to long ago and saw that they offer a private 10k stone for 80$ including shipping. Has anyone ever used it or something similar? I've either been thinking about getting maybe one of these or a Kitayama so any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks again guys.

what is your current setup?

are you looking to replace or add a finer polishing stone?

Current is king 1.2k, green brick, king 6k and Jyunsyouhonyama small natural which I only use on carbon. I'm looking to add finer. Thanks again.

i use an arashiyama and a kitayama as my two finest polishing stones. ive never used a king 6k but think it might work better with the kitayama. if you are looking for something to give a "mirror" finish i wouldn't suggest the kitayama. the edge and polish it provides are great for a working chef but they are not as beautiful as something like a 10k SS.

i love the kitayama but it took a lot of getting used to, thats for sure.

Well I'm also looking to upgrade my 6k stone here shortly as well. But thanks for the input.

arashiyama says 6k but acts more like and 8k while the kitayama says 8k and gives a much finer edge imo.

Latest posts

Back