What do you eat today !

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
As i do not work as chef anymore i geting bit fatter, i guess less movement and more unhalfy food make it difficult to stay in shape, so i start this thread and blog so i can keep track of what i am eating every day and also see what others here on KKF eat
I try to make as many pictures as posible at what i eat every day.

What ingrediance i use and of coarse what knives ! :D

Just everyday food. Now where we almost all have smartphones its easy to make a shot before we eat it.

Don't be shy if its Mc d i post mac D food ;)

Dinner snack with eggs and salmon roe, simple but gooood :D

blogger-image-18171139.jpg

blogger-image--1998546777.jpg

blogger-image-1603440715.jpg

Serious weak spot for that kind of dish...makes me want to grab your plate and some Monopolowa Gin and enjoy myself...

My diet is absolutely horrific. I eat very little but the little I do eat is junk. Only ever eat 1 proper meal a day and the rest is trying to grab stuff when I can. I do exercise a bit though so I like to think I'm in reasonable shape. Hard to find time to eat if you're working long full days or split shifts

My diet is total crap.
I'm not overweight, but do have a nice beer-gut most of the time. If there was time in my life to regularly dedicate to exercise, I would be all over it.
When it's busy season, I don't have time to eat(or sleep)
When it's slow, I try to store up!
I also love Big Mac's!!!

Working in a major healthfood store gives me more opportunity to keep my meals at least on the healthy side. However I do have a "comfort food" addiction I have a hard time shaking. At least I can make my own parts to these dishes that are far more healthy than just buying ready made parts, so for that I'm thankful :)

Been sick as a dog last week, down side of dealing with customers that breath on you all day... So things have been VERY simple lately. Today was beef raman with mushrooms and ginger, a staple of mine when I'm sick :p

Heart attack omelet with country sausage and cheddar. Also, a slice of home made bread.
Omelet.jpg

Moussaka today, helped myself two times to it at dinner...

I make really good scrambled eggs -- and the wife requests them often. I had that for lunch.

And just to make my day more pedestrian yet, I made lasagna tonight. I rarely make lasagna, and today I made one that took way too much time. The recipe called for 4 (yes four) 28 oz cans of San Marzano tomatoes, sent through a food mill, and stewed with onions and diced pancetta for 3 hours. And that was just the sauce.

k.

dinner tonight was brie w/ Meyer lemon marmalade, duck proscuitto, Morrocan chicken (w/ onions, Meyer lemons, green olives and some spices), couscous with gremolade, salad w/ orange vingarette, trifle, raspberry tart and chocolate bark. Monthly dinner club -- citrus theme.

Thai-style Curry Beef Fried Rice...was looking for something new to try with fried rice and ran across this. Not bad for a first attempt, will be better next time...and will post photos.

We went to pizza hut, lol. Stuffed crust all the way... Pizza was a good call after a day of Christmas shopping.

We went to pizza hut, lol. Stuffed crust all the way... Pizza was a good call after a day of Christmas shopping.

Don't get me wrong brother, when I lived in Chester/Lancaster growing up I went to Pizza Hut all the time. After 16 years living throughout the world (no where near good pizza), I don't understand why anyone who lives in such a great pizza region of the country would eat there!

ETA: I made my own pizza today, pics will be in the what's cooking thread soon.

Don't get me wrong brother, when I lived in Chester/Lancaster growing up I went to Pizza Hut all the time. After 16 years living throughout the world (no where near good pizza), I don't understand why anyone who lives in such a great pizza region of the country would eat there!

ETA: I made my own pizza today, pics will be in the what's cooking thread soon.

We live in Hanover, so for good pizza we either have to drive to York, Westminster, or Gettysburgh. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but being late on a Sunday, and after christmas shopping for hours on end it felt like, I had no energy, lol. The only good place to eat here in town besides the bistro I work is a sushi place, that is also closed on Sunday's. But for some reason, pizza hut and me have a relationship, lol. One of my guilty pleasures I guess. It was either that or hotdogs from the dog cart in from of Lowes, lol

We live in Hanover, so for good pizza we either have to drive to York, Westminster, or Gettysburgh. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, but being late on a Sunday, and after christmas shopping for hours on end it felt like, I had no energy, lol. The only good place to eat here in town besides the bistro I work is a sushi place, that is also closed on Sunday's. But for some reason, pizza hut and me have a relationship, lol. One of my guilty pleasures I guess. It was either that or hotdogs from the dog cart in from of Lowes, lol

Sounds like a good reason to me, and a much better choice!

Had a barely edible airline sandwich today, then passed on more airline/airport food, starved for 8 hours and went to a burger place for a good medium rare burger with onions, roasted red peppers, and chipotle aioli on a multigrain bun when I got home. Time for a beer.

Stefan

Welcome back Stefan!
Reheated cooked ribs from Costco, vegetarian/brown rice maki sushi from Nijiya Market with Koshihikari Echigo rice beer and honey dew melon :thumbsup:

crab.jpg

Fresh dungeness crab, caught and prepared by...me! Tis the season! The meat is so sweet when fresh...

Im a full time cook. By this I mean, I cook at work, cook at home, and cook at everybodys house I end up at. Now...I rarely eat. At home I only finish my wifes leftovers of what I cooked for her, at work i nibble here and there but never have time for a meal, at my friends house, I cook for them and typically have to go home by the time Im done. I honestly might get 3 meals a week where I actually sit down for a meal, but that might be an overstatement. My health is soso, my eyesight sucks, I cant hear well, doctor says Im severly depressed, and I go to sleep around 4am. I run on coffee and cigarettes, but I havent had either since I saw the doctor on Tuesday and he gave me antidepression meds. Today I remember eating a couple chocolate pieces and half a banana. lol. yup. thats all I remember. Lots of black tea.

Not the normal day. Sunday's I usually eat well.Eggs benny, potato latkes bloody Mary w/ chaser

Popcorn

Mac nut crusted chicken and garlic sauteed kale.

chocolate grasshopper ( Ice cream drink. Think chocolate-mint milk shake with booze)

Bread, salami, bel pepper, garlic, egg, white truffle oil :hungry:

blogger-image--364027037.jpg

blogger-image-1044366133.jpg

blogger-image--2079385724.jpg

blogger-image-1775781463.jpg

I ate bread,egg and some snacks in the morning. This is my favorite food and i am a great lover of this food. Anyway its a nice thread and all food ideas are good.

Skipped breakfast, had a Thai shrimp salad for lunch at a diner. For dinner I am trying to clean out my pantry and fridge, looks like I will be moving again soon. So, I improvised, sauteed pork tenderloin medallions with onion, plenty of ginger and some Asian condiments and ate it with some 'instant' couscous cooked with beef consomme. Thinking about turning the leftovers into a salad for lunch tomorrow.

Stefan

Flounder, mushrooms, potatoes and spring onion, very lazy way of preparing it :whistling:

blogger-image-1020433786.jpg

blogger-image--1396352945.jpg

blogger-image-311129794.jpg

blogger-image--1036944880.jpg

blogger-image-1858748393.jpg

Back