Twin Cities/Central MN gathering

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've noticed at least four members who hail from the Twin Cities and a few more from other parts of the state. Anyone interested in a gathering, perhaps in late January once the holidays have past? I'll admit to multiple motives for this--we still need recipes for the KKF cookbook, and I'd love to use the collaborative setting to apply some peer pressure!

Thoughts?

P.S. Mario and Salty, you're welcome too, if you want to drive across Wisconsin to get here.

I'd be up for that depending on how the State of Wisconsin arranges my vacation schedule.

I'm in. If anyone wants to show off cool butcher knives I have whole pigs and lambs for a photo shoot. Could be cool. Or we could just take high res pictures of my forschners. :laugh:

It sounds like a good time as long as there is not a blizzard.

I'll bring some good wine and sharp things. Btw, I just drove to MSP today and the roads sucked. Two days after a storm they were still bad. It's like they forgot what snow was after last year.

k.

ahhh... just 18 inches of snow in a day... no big deal! :tease:

I might be up for a MSP Metro area gathering. Late jan should be fine.. though of a venue?

like they say here... don't like the MSP weather? just wait a few minutes! :viking:

I just carry a goose down jacket and swimming trunks just in case! that way I am prepared for any eventuality...

I have a space attached to the restaurant Drinky and Justin have been to. Right now it is being used as an art gallery until we get the permitting/planning figured out. I think we could for sure use it (will look into it). That way I don't have to charge a corking fee on wines. :laugh:

Charcuterie, Cheeses, Bring your own wine sound good?

When have they ever taken care of the streets, the six years I lived in Minneapolis in the early-mid ninetys the roads were always crap and don't get me started about sanding instead of salt. Sorry, I will take salted roads any day over that mess. Wish I could make it but I am in the start of my busy season already working saturdays every week.

I don't know if everyone and anyone is invited..but I went to college there, so I could find an excuse to come fondle some knives and see how comparatively bad my sharpening is.

Following Heldentenor's lead for the weekend of Jan 26-27 I have secured a space for Sat Jan 26th. I was thinking eveningish. It is a record store recently turned art gallery right next door to my restaurant in south minneapolis. As I said before I will provide Charcuterie and Cheese with accoutrements. Wide open for bring your own wine plus it is next door to the bar so we can head over there when/if handling sharp knives becomes an issue.

Does this sound good to everyone/anyone interested?

Who's in?

Is this still happening? If so, I'll try to make it there! :hungry2:

Can I take my Shuns? Ill let everyone take pictures!:tongue4:

Well, on top of wine, I will bring some stuff that can go with cheese and charcuterie. I'll bring some mustards that I like and sun-dried cherry tomatoes from Sicily. I also might pickle some mustard seeds a la David Chang, and if I get wild I might pickle some golden beets and turnips too.

And for knives, I will probably bring my Mario, Mako, HHH Meteorite, Pendray hunter, and Marr.

k.

I'll just be returning to Minnesota the day before, so I'll be coming light: two knives (Marko and my yanagi, which I want some consulting on), a couple of bottles of wine, and perhaps some smoked fish.

Back