Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disinfecting a Wooden Board

Moisture doesn't move very far into wood. You could submerge your board in water for 24hrs, cut it in half and you would find that the water only penetrated a few mm. So what I'd do is find someone with a wood planer and remove 3-4mm off the top. Maybe there's a custom cabinet shop close to you that would do it.

it depends on if you can get over it or not. If you think sanding and resealing it sanatizing it will be fine if your always gonna think possum piss then dump it... maybe ebay hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SilverHaze420 View Post
    maybe ebay hehe
    Unique custom cutting board, natural finish?

sell it to johndoughy or 99limited

Quote Originally Posted by Rottman View Post
    Unique custom cutting board, natural finish?

Wait !!!! Possums are protected ?????? Poor Granny's going to jail (Beverly Hillbillies for those of you who might remember)! I can't believe there's a place where they're endangered. I'd send you some to make up for killing that one, but I can't believe they're even worth the postage.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChance View Post
    sell it to johndoughy or 99limited
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

Quote Originally Posted by UnConundrum View Post
    Wait !!!! Possums are protected ?????? Poor Granny's going to jail (Beverly Hillbillies for those of you who might remember)! I can't believe there's a place where they're endangered. I'd send you some to make up for killing that one, but I can't believe they're even worth the postage.
    Different continent, different species.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

there's no shortage of possums, there's dozens that live in the trees in my backyard but they're protected because they're native. they are a pest though, they **** all over my veranda and porch and if you leave anything on the veranda table they'll destroy it trying to get a taste. i've lost MANY wine glasses by being forgetful (after too many wines!). they live all over the suburbs of my home city too (roughly 1 million, so it's not small!).

i had a better look at it, it was around 6am AUS time when I got up saw it and asked advice, but it looks like most of the urine was on my table top and only a smallish area where i don't cut was 'tainted'. i've washed it up, i'll reconsider whether or not i'll use it later. there's no stains on it, so i don't think it's really soaked in.

again, thanks for the advice.

edit - also, with regards to us:au dollar, it briefly hit $1.10 so i'm enjoying it while it lasts

I'll take it if its trash! This is Texas, after all, a cutting board can only go so long without an encounter with a Possum one way or another.

Wait, what's shipping like from Queensland to Texas?