Tojiro Senkou Classic

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leoj_go

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I joined this forum a few days ago and just prior to that I was about to purchase a Henckel Pro set. I learned quite a bit in a short period of time and I would like a better set. I have been looking at some japanese knives. Can anyone tell me if the Tojiro Senkou Classic 7-piece Knife Block Set listed at cutlery and more is a decent knife set worth buying. It is cheaper than what I was about to spend. It has a RC of 61. I think this would be an upgrade to what I was about to puchase. I did look at the Miyabi but I dont like the look of the handles. I think I prefer the western handles. Anyone have the Tojiro that can share a review?

Thanks for any replies.

Joel

only thing i can say about tojiro senkou vs. the other lines that tojiro lines that tojiro has like say DP, their cheapest available line, in the western world at least, is that.... the senkou line is more expensive and isn't much of an improvement from the DP line that they sell.

i'd rather save a bit more of my money and get the torjio DP line and have my pick of knives that i would actually want / need / use.

or for that matter, take my pick of a bunch of knife brands and get what would be the best of what i can get for the price that i'm willing to pay for.

=D

Welcome, are you stuck on the idea of a 'set' or would you be open to just getting a few good knives?

I concur with the notion of a few knives that you will constantly reach for.

Welcome, are you stuck on the idea of a 'set' or would you be open to just getting a few good knives?

I am not stuck on the idea of a set anymore. I'm just a little lost with what to buy. A few days ago I was about to purchase an 18 knife set from henckel. Just need some help. I Have about $1000 credit with Cutlery and more and I am willing to spend another $1000 if I have to to get a great set or multiple knives and a seperate block to house them.

Big budget, you should be able to get what you want and have a decent chunk of change left.

are you a sharpener? i wouldn't spend big bucks unless you can maintain the knives yourself.

If you are not in a hurry to purchase your knives, I'd suggest picking up a copy of "An Edge in the Kitchen", by Chad Ward. It's available at Amazon, in both dead tree and Kindle versions. It may help you to sort out what specific knives you need, aside from a chef's/gyuto.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0061188484/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back