Cheese Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziltoid

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a cheese knife as a gift (or a couple of cheese knives if only one will not be acceptable to cover a variety of cheeses..). Would anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

we use a wire at work for the blocks. i'm curious to see responses about this.. i wonder if rigging up a wire in a useful way would be the best. but i have no clue.

cutting cheese with wires are the safest way, using a knife on a big block is dangerous, in my experience at least.

We have a Global cheese knife that works well for small blocks of cheese. It's blade is about 6 inches long. Very presentable and not too expensive.

I use something like that at home for soft and semi-soft cheeses. Works great on small pieces. Hard cheeses just laugh at it

I use my CCK KF2209 to break down wheels of parmesan and pave. It might be made for butchering, but it is a beast on cheese as well.

I use my CCK KF2209 to break down wheels of parmesan and pave. It might be made for butchering, but it is a beast on cheese as well.

i would love to buy this knife just to kill a cheese wheel. we got some parm and other sturdy cheeses.. i'd love to see this in action. to bad the internet is not geographically helpful.

Dexter makes a double handled cheese knife. I'm not sure who makes them any longer but when I worked as a garde manger many years ago we had a two handled cheese knife that was very large and had a curved blade. This was great for breaking down large blocks of cheese.

Dave

Back