Quantcast
OT.. bin laden dead - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT.. bin laden dead

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    The CIA may have led the attack but it was a Navy SEAL who did the deed! GO NAVY!

Scott,
    I saw that pic on the front page of NYtimes last night. That is one of the coolest pictures I have seen in a while.

Burial at sea my ass! You just know those Navy Seals drew straws to see who got to throw his dead ass out of the helicopter.

Another world-class miserable a$$hole bites the dust.

I particularly enjoy the bit about them using a woman as a "human shield" when the bullets started flying. Seems like someone could make a fortune selling kevlar burkas over there. Right from the top down, these fanatical douchebags are all pussys, through and through.

I guess I better stop using taxis for a while and take the subway instead, what with the Pakis all pissed off about their boy getting 86'd and nobody tipping them off.

Oh, I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Not!
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by cnochef View Post
    Burial at sea my ass! You just know those Navy Seals drew straws to see who got to throw his dead ass out of the helicopter.
    After they tied an anvil to his head to make sure he stayed down. I'll bet he made a monumential splash!

Sorry, but I would have preferred if he had been tried in court. IMHO, 9/11 was a criminal act and should be treated as such. I have to admit that I am a bit disturbed by people celebrating his assassination in the streets. Can anyone remind me why we are morally superior when we publicly celebrate the death of a radical compared to radicals celebrating the death of an American? What would really impress me is if people were on the street celebrating when the government closes the concentration camp in Guantanamo.

Stefan

It seems strange to me that they would just chuck his body into the sea right away. How do we know this is true?
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeC View Post
    It seems strange to me that they would just chuck his body into the sea right away. How do we know this is true?
    We don't, but they may produce film at some point. Islamic law generally requires burial in the first 24 hours, but I also think that if he died on land he was supposed to be buried on land pointing towards mecca. Oh well...

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

I think it was handled properly, I don't think there's any doubt of his guilt, & we executed him in a humane fashion-I would rather be shot in the head by a trained sniper than have to choose to jump from a burning skyscraper. I'm just sorry it took so long, but I hope he was afraid every miserable day he lived after that. And I m grateful to all the military & intelligence people who have been working diligently on this problem. I'm not dancing in the streets, but I can understand why others are...

9/11 wasn't just a criminal act, it was an act of war. Al Queda was acting under the aegis of the Taliban. If anyone ever deserved killing it was Osama. He got off easy.
    It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.