Photo of the Day

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeley

GoogleFu San
Founding Member
Reaction score
Many people have a collections of images of one thing or another for me it is all things culinary and knifes and people using them
from the maker to the user and to the sharpening .
So i will post a nice photo related to this here and please feel free to add yours .

This photo from LAO'S I can just see him thinking , now chef said a little thinner ,
BQBvgl.jpg
[/IMG]

Lol. to me it looks like a brick not food he is cutting, so "I just can't get it sharp." would be the quote I would got with. Great pic. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Yea it does look like clay but he is very intent on that cut.:biggrin:

Is that some kind of folding knife? Looks like a bolster behind the blade and a long grove/cutout on the bottom side it might fold into. I have a wood handled Spanish knife with no back spring or lock of about the same size I bought in Madrid a couple of years ago.

Fixed blade remember this is LOA'S

Nakuru slum area. This is where the old and useless suspension of cars gain new life as axes.
FIiP0.jpg
[/IMG]

Check out the anvils

I saw that sharpening stone before you mentioned the anvils. that wheel is wierd looking. It's like it has not support or just hanging off the stool.

I thought that was a blower for the fire . Hmmmmm

that makes more sense. I can see the exit for the blower.

Belt driven grindstone .
K8UXO.jpg
[/IMG]

and the catalog page .
d42zwl.jpg
[/IMG]

My grandpa had a smaller one in the shop that he mostly used to sharpen his axes.

Stefan

Salt was in general use long before history, as we know it, began to be recorded. Some 2,700 years B.C.—about 4,700 years ago—there was published in China the Peng-Tzao-Kan-Mu, probably the earliest known treatise on pharmacology. A major portion of this writing was devoted to a discussion of more than 40 kinds of salt, including descriptions of two methods of extracting salt and putting it in usable form that are amazingly similar to processes used today. Chinese folklore recounts the discovery of salt. Salt production has been important in China for two millennia or more. And the Chinese, like many other governments over time, realizing that everyone needed to consume salt, made salt taxes a major revenue source. Nomads spreading westward were known to carry salt. Egyptian art from as long ago as 1450 B.C. records salt-making.

kcUZq.jpg
[/IMG]

x2cpl.jpg
[/IMG]

Every time I think I've seen most of the butcher knives used by the pros around the world, I find new one. I never saw this one in Spain so it must be something local to Madeira

USS. Oregon cooks 1898.
PYNai.jpg
[/IMG]

sorry for the large pix but only way to really see it.

This picture has a lot going on.
Blacksmith / auto repair / hamburgers \red hots and beer.
SJAu0.jpg
[/IMG]

I could hang out all day!

hmm nothing like a drunk black smith working on your car.:knight:

The Blacksmith's Daughter in a small Tibetan town of Abba.
O4orx.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers .
I have tried the two snake wine and just wasn't right and the four snake wine was a little much for me
But the three snake wine was just right .
And free snakes .
j1Qlb.jpg
[/IMG]

Brazilian steakhouse. Churrasco is the cooking style, which translates roughly from the Portuguese for 'barbecue'.
mJH7R.jpg
[/IMG]

Very interesting that the USS Oregon photo was taken by Detroit Photography. I have to wonder if this was taken shortly after the battle of Santiago. The Knives stuck in the deck form a "V".
Very cool image.

Dave

The Blacksmith's Daughter in a small Tibetan town of Abba.
O4orx.jpg
[/IMG]

Think they are going to make knives out of those rebar? I watched a how to do it video once of a guy making knives from rebar that stated some have enough carbon for cutlery and some don't. His advise was to try one and if it didn't harden, try another.

Nice Anvil !
QT0Ts.jpg
[/IMG]

Merry Christmas

Latest posts

Back