Good cutting board in EU

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxim

Founding Member
Reaction score
Do we have any good sources for Cutting boards in EU ?
I really want good cutting board but it seems like all good ones is in US and it will be kind of expensive to ship it from there :(

Nothing more exciting than the Ikea board named "Exklusivt"(400.829.18). :(

I had a great one made to the exact size I needed for my kitchen counter by this French company: http://www.billot-sologne.com/activite-billotdeboucherprofessionnellouchebem-4.html

They normally make custom butcher blocks for professional butcher shops, so they will make them to order in whatever size you wish. It did cost me a couple of hundred euro, but I am very happy with the result (though the wood has shrunk somewhat in my very dry kitchen, so at some point I will need to have the steel corners reseated).

The size is 62cmx40cmx10cm:
Louchebem.jpg

I asked to have custom grips made on the sides (something you don't normally need for butcher blocks) to be able to move it and turn it over easily from time to time. It is VERY heavy, and I did not want to take the risk of having it slip out of my hands and land on my feet!!! :scared4:

Is it thick enough?

I actually calculated the thickness to bring the working surface to the overall height I found most comfortable once I placed it on the kitchen counter. Of course, the fact that it looks more like a "real" butcher block that way did not hurt... :D

Back