Importing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blummy

Reaction score
Has anyone imported into Victoria Australia before? Well recently. I'm currently in the process of buying a knife and was just curious if there is anything i do have to do? I've looked on the customs website but it doesn't specify kitchen knives. Just daggers ect.

Can someone please shed some light on this please!

Thanks blummy

I have no problem in importing to AU just make sure to write that it is not any kind of wood.
Best customs description for kitchen knives seems to be "Kitchen tool" :D

I have no dramas and I buy a lot of kitchen knives:) I have had packages inspected by customs, but cleared. anything over $1000 can attract GST. I did have one package which was inspected by customs and DHL sent me a bill for $50 to cover the cost of inspection.( but that package contained "suspicious" White powder ( wa polishing powder from maxim) :) otherwise you should be all good

I have no dramas and I buy a lot of kitchen knives I have had packages inspected by customs, but cleared. anything over $1000 can attract GST. I did have one package which was inspected by customs and DHL sent me a bill for $50 to cover the cost of inspection.( but that package contained "suspicious" White powder ( wa polishing powder from maxim) otherwise you should be all good

So i don't need to apply for anything or do anything of that type?

Thanks for the help

just make sure to write that it is not any kind of wood.

What do you mean by this exactly?

Or do i have to inform customs that i'm importing a knife or anything of that nature?

Also when was the last time you imported a knife have you imported since the supposed "crack down" on imports? (This was quite some time ago from memory)

Last edited:
No you dont need to do anything :)
Just tell the seller to note it as kitchen tool and thats it.
This week i send 3 packages to AU and all received well without problems

Awesome thanks for all your help and quick replies!

Helps alot.

Back